Any bursaries for twins? Watch

queenfatso
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a twin and we're both going university next year together. It's really expensive to send 2 kids to uni at the same time that we have to stay in our county to study and live at home and we can't go away, are there any bursaries available to us?

any help appreciated
lNurl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think so, my brother is a year younger than me, but we applied to uni at the same time, no bursaries. At the end of the day, you are siblings.
noma5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by queenfatso)
I have a twin and we're both going university next year together. It's really expensive to send 2 kids to uni at the same time that we have to stay in our county to study and live at home and we can't go away, are there any bursaries available to us?

any help appreciated
Nope just student loans or grants (if you're eligible)
balotelli12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Student finance make an allowance for that in a deduction off parental income.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hmmmm my sister and i are going uni at the same time too, i don't think they'll make allowances
if they do grreat!!
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why would there be exactly? :confused: You can get more support if your parents are below certain thresholds in household income, but I don't see why both of you going to uni at the same time requires each of you to be given more money?
balotelli12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
SFE reduce parental income roughly by £1k for each sibling attending university.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bursaries on based on household income.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will still get the same student finance as anybody else. Having more than one child at uni at once isn't an uncommon situation, and SFE already do a great job in opening up education to people who wouldn't otherwise be able to benefit from it.

If you're short of money, like many students are, you will have to get a part time job.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You may get a scholarship, which is generally based on academics.
balotelli12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why was my reply to the ignorant and incorrect nonsense in post 9 removed?

This forum won't be worth a light if such uninformed drivel is allowed to continue unchallenged.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by queenfatso)

any help appreciated
Not just because your going to university. Student finance knock a small ammount off for dependant siblings if they are means testing but this assumes your household income is below the income threshold, otherwise there is nothing extra.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (29)
23.39%
The paper was reasonable (51)
41.13%
Not feeling great about that exam (24)
19.35%
It was TERRIBLE (20)
16.13%

Watched Threads