Anxiety and indecision about university Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Currently on a gap year after dropping my place to study Law at a RG uni after getting cold feet, having a series of anxiety attacks, and deciding that I didn't really want to be a lawyer. I was diagnosed with anxiety in 2011 and it's been largely under control this year until now. For the past couple of months I've been trying to decide about about my future but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I need to submit my application by January and I still haven't decided between two subjects - Biology and English (no chance of joint honours, obviously). I need to email my school too and ask for a reference but they want to know the subject so that they can tailor my reference. I'm just totally freaking out! The more I try to think about, the more stressed i get and the less able I am to make a decision. Part of me just feels like tossing a coin to make a decision but then I have doubts again. I told myself that I need to make a decision TONIGHT and I'm not going to sleep until I do but my head is just all over the place and I can't decide. I'm not even kidding when I say that this is all I've thought about a month and I still can't decide!!

Can anyone offer any advice for calming down and making a decision? I feel so stupid -.-
superwolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you double-checked with your prospective unis about doing joint honours? I knew a guy doing German and zoology because he persuaded them to make an exception for him.

If that's not an option, then maybe try thinking of it this way: you presumably enjoy and are fairly good at both subjects. So in that case, you're likely to enjoy either of them at uni. Meaning, you've got a good chance of enjoying uni and being successful whichever subject you choose! Doesn't help you decide, but it might take some of the pressure off if you think of it more like that - you have two great opportunities, so either one is a great choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads