with lack of communication, when is the relationship presumed to be over? Watch

lilpolack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been in a long distance relationship for the past few months. Things have been going great before and in general, and I've gone to visit him a few times. The next time is to be his turn mainly because he hasn't been in my town and I wasn't exactly invited over; however, it's me who is always suggesting that, and although he said he would look into buying tickets, he hasn't said or done anything about it since. Also, feels like every conversation or skype session lately is initiated by me which makes me wonder if he even wants to talk to me (although he seems very happy when it does happen), let alone come over. I've decided to wait for him to make the first contact now, but it's been 5 days of absolutely nothing. If this continues, how long before the relationship just ends by itself?
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it goes a week without contact I'd be worried and really start to question how important this relationship is to him.
WGR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wish people would just tell you that they aren't interested rather than let a one-way friendship-relationship drag on.

He is not interested. Move on. I presume that if you pull him up about it he will bring out the old "I was busy" line so best to just not bother initiating contact anymore.
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I reckon you should keep quite still and continue waiting for him to speak to you. Then when he does, make it very sarcastic, like "thank you for taking time out of your precious day to pay attention to me" and if he asks how you have been, tell him "well there's a lot that's happened this week, but it doesn't matter now, it's all kinda over". Even keep the conversation short if you have to.

As a boyfriend, he should be missing you and should want to play an active part in your life.

In answer to your question, there's no right or wrong time to end it, but by the sounds of things, it is sort of dying out. Don't presume it to be over, just say something like " I gather we are single considering we don't speak anymore"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (2)
40%
The paper was reasonable (0)
0%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
20%
It was TERRIBLE (2)
40%

Watched Threads