Turn on thread page Beta

Longest you've been without sleeping? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I'm coming up to 3 day mark of not sleeping. This usually happens to me twice a year, start of summer and start of winter. For some reason I don't sleep for roughly 3 days and it's rather annoying -.- I feel fine, but awake all the time - not really alert though, but I know I'll get exhausted today and get an early sleep tonight.

Anyone else get anything similar?

How long have you managed to stay awake without detrimental effects?

ReputationRep:
    61 hours of wakefulness, failed to meet my target of syllabus completion so had to spend full time studying 3 months ago. And when I went to sleep...slept like the dead for 18 hours, did wake up twice for 5 minutes between this span.
    Terrible moments those were. And I am the one who hates caffeine so you can imagine how difficult it was for me.
    But I was fine, no detrimental effects.

ReputationRep:
    That's odd, what sparks your sleepless periods? The longest I've been awake would be travelling. Around 26 hours.

54 hours before I began fading away, didn't eat much too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member841230)
    That's odd, what sparks your sleepless periods? The longest I've been awake would be travelling. Around 26 hours.
    I have no idea, my guess is it's the sudden change in weather, but I have no idea, just know twice a year I'm up for 3 days at a time ><

ReputationRep:
    I've only managed 43 hours... never again.

ReputationRep:
    About 20 hours... I have always avoided sleeping so late as sleep deficiency is a real problem when you wake up the next day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    48 hours, essay crunch time. Like someone else said, never again. I love sleep too much.

ReputationRep:
    3 days is a ridiculous amount of time. Seriously not even a 10 minute nap or anything?

Mine is probably 24 hours or just over, anything more than that would be unbearable for me.

ReputationRep:
    I've also been awake for 3 days straight one time. I don't. Recall why but I just couldn't get to sleep. I was so frustrated and fealt ridiculously weird. Then I just lay down on my sofa in the middle of the day and all of a sudden the tiredness just kicked in and I fell asleep right there for what must have been 20 hours. Let me tell you it does not feel good waking up and not knowing what day it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    48 hours - two sleepovers didn't sleep at either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    72 hours of consecutive hours of hazing during college fraternity initiation.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    48 hours - two sleepovers didn't sleep at either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    any pillow fighting or tickle fights perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    played poker for 48 hours straight once, lots of red bull helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobambam)
    any pillow fighting or tickle fights perhaps?
    Indeed :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Around the 60 hour mark.

A drunk night that didn't end followed by a night of recreational indulgence and then plans in the day following. I had a 10 hour sleep and felt fine, bearing in mind I'll normally sleep 10 hours after being up 18 that seemed odd to me.

ReputationRep:
    40 hours, either because of nights out or night flights

21 hours, when I stayed up all night to finish my GCSE art coursework :sigh:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    4 days and my brain came to a halt and passed out.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Indeed :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :banana:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.