Does SFE pay for this module?? Watch

brainbird1987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there,

I recently enquired with Open University to do a Fda in Primary Teaching & Learning (Code X02) and they informed me that there is a course of study starting in February that I am able to begin study on. The main reason I have had to approach Open University is that I am unable to be out of employment due to personal commitments.

When the topic of how the course would be paid for I said that I would be applying for student finance to cover the cost of the course. The lady on the phone who did not seem very confident in what she was talking about said that SFE did not cover the cost of the first module.

I am mainly after some confirmation as to whether SFE do or do not cover the cost of this module. The module code is EZL111 (APEL Route).

I would really appreciate some confirmation as to whether I can get this module paid for with student finance or not as it will decide as to whether I have to wait til next October to begin my studies or whether I can begin just after the New Year.

Many thanks
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

Do you already hold a qualification?

Thanks
brainbird1987
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi there,

Do you already hold a qualification?

Thanks
not a degree no. I am qualified up to CACHE level 3.

Thanks
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

What level is your intended course?

Thanks
brainbird1987
Rep:
?
[LIST]
Hi there,

What level is your intended course?

Thanks
Hi

Its a foundation degree
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

If you will be on a Foundation Degree from February 2014, you are welcome to apply to receive a Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance England.

You can obtain an application form by going to the following link - http://bit.ly/18SHa2F

Thanks.
brainbird1987
Rep:
?
Hi,

If you will be on a Foundation Degree from February 2014, you are welcome to apply to receive a Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance England.

You can obtain an application form by going to the following link - http://bit.ly/18SHa2F

Thanks.
Thanks for your response. Since speaking with you on Tuesday I called SFE and spoke to an advisor who confirmed that I would be eligible and that SFE would cover the finance for that module. However, after speaking to SFE I called Open University to confirm all the details only to be told that the would not accept the payment under the guidance of SLC. Any advice on this one??? I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you have been given conflicting information.

We recommend you submit your application for part-time funding as soon as possible. The sooner you apply, the sooner we can verify your eligibility to receive a Tuition Fee loan for your Open University course.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.04%
The paper was reasonable (388)
42.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.23%

Watched Threads