Can certain Islamophobia be ok? Watch

Poll: Is certain Islamophobia ok?
Yes (10)
31.25%
No (21)
65.63%
I'm going to be an idiot, ignore the question, and post pro-Allah comments (0)
0%
I'm going to be an idiot, ignore the question, and post anti-Muslim comments (1)
3.13%
DouglasAdams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The one that always bugs me is the righteous indignation of Muslims being searched more at airports, claiming it's racism. Yet they are a religion which has a Jihadist sect; surely searching them more makes sense?
Don't we sometimes need to be Islamophobic in order to ensure our own safety?
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DouglasAdams)
The one that always bugs me is the righteous indignation of Muslims being searched more at airports, claiming it's racism. Yet they are a religion which has a Jihadist sect; surely searching them more makes sense?
By definition surely that then wouldn't be an irrational fear of Islam? What it is, is profiling, something which no-one wants to be seen to do, but really makes a certain amount of sense.

Let us be honest, who's more likely to be a terrorist? Mr.Jefferson and his family of 3 or Rafiq Mohammed travelling on his own? Clearly it sucks for Muslims, and I know I'll be called Islamaphobic for it, but it's true.

And I shouldn't even have to write this, but I will because it's TSR. Yes I obviously know it's only a small minority of Muslims that are extremists and so forth. No need for the diatribe, just pointing out a valid fact.
vendettax
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtA21eiSmT8

Supposedly complaining about it is racist. Don't ask me why, they don't make any points in this video besides saying it's racist.
Limebuddhist
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ehhh...no.
Because a tiny minority of Muslims are terrorists, the whole group shouldn't be persecuted.
It's like saying more men are terrorists so they should be searched and not women.
Additionally, not all terrorists or Muslims are middle eastern (for example the British murderers of Lee Rigby had converted from fundamental Christianity to Islam.)
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
'they are a religion which has a jihad sect'

every religion has one

if you treat me like a bomber, why shouldnt i be one? four lions
McRite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DouglasAdams)
It's like saying all blacks should be searched after leaving a store because a minority are theives
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by vendettax)
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtA21eiSmT8

Supposedly complaining about it is racist. Don't ask me why, they don't make any points in this video besides saying it's racist.
I found this hilarious. I thought Saira Khan was EXTREMELY racist and offensive about he teenage pregnancy comments and just shows the superiority complex that a majority of Muslims I know express over non Muslims in the UK.

Tommy said nothing wrong and nobody had the IQ to tackle his point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by techno-thriller)
'they are a religion which has a jihad sect'

every religion has one

if you treat me like a bomber, why shouldnt i be one? four lions
It's significantly larger and worse in Islam.

You can't fit a lion in a rabbit hutch.

Stop saying "all religions" because it's unparalleled currently and historically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
vendettax
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
I found this hilarious. I thought Saira Khan was EXTREMELY racist and offensive about he teenage pregnancy comments and just shows the superiority complex that a majority of Muslims I know express over non Muslims in the UK.

Tommy said nothing wrong and nobody had the IQ to tackle his point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They have Tommy in the stands like a meer, working-class audience member looking down on 4 people on a podium all pre-selected to be against him. Then they also chose the audience that comes in who will clap anything the 4 opposers say. They also let the 4 opposers have the last say on the issue.

How could he possibly have won the debate?

Just name-calling. "Racist, bigot, fascist, nazi". Not a single point against him.

All of this is tactics we always see to drown out these anti-Islamists, even though they have 1000s of supporters (at least).
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
It's significantly larger and worse in Islam.

You can't fit a lion in a rabbit hutch.

Stop saying "all religions" because it's unparalleled currently and historically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
clearly, you dont know how many people were murdered in the name of christianity.
vendettax
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
clearly, you dont know how many people were murdered in the name of christianity.
Quote me a figure.

I do agree that currently Islam is the problem, not sure about historically. It's why they say Islam is a primitive religion.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lots. I dislike Abrahamic religions and such expansionary monotheism. They are in my opinion, unsophisticated and primitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inzamam99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it OK if Americans are racially discriminated against in the Muslim world? After all American backed dictators/drones/wars in the region have killed hundreds of thousands of people.

I understand why this happens but it does not make it any fairer.

I was personally interrogated and deported from Israel for no reason whatsoever (I was on a trip with a university in the West Bank)- upon asking a representative of the British embassy what their reaction would be if the same had happened to a British citizen in Iran or Pakistan, he mumbled an incoherent response and hurried off.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Americans are the biggest hypocrites in the world. They create problems for communities AROUND THE WORLD and then persecute them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LilacLily
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does Muslims often get searched in airports? Do they just pick the ones with Arabic names or is it based on looks? Do they search your suitcase? Or just pat you down?
I'm genuinely asking. My parents left England when I was 3 but I'm planning on returning next year. I've traveled to a number of countries but never been searched and I'd like to know what to expect.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have a pretty explicit Hindu name but I still get searched at the airport quite often. As much as I hate it, I can't argue with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LilacLily
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
I have a pretty explicit Hindu name but I still get searched at the airport quite often. As much as I hate it, I can't argue with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So perhaps based on appearance. huh
What do they do when they search you?
Not to be intrusive but are you a practicing hindu?
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LilacLily)
So perhaps based on appearance. huh
What do they do when they search you?
Not to be intrusive but are you a practicing hindu?
Of course. Brown skin and black hair. I think they should learn to tell the difference but it's not to be expected, unfortunately. I think people treasure ignorance now.

Technically I am, but I don't feel it nor would most Hindus say I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LilacLily
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ggmu!)
Of course. Brown skin and black hair. I think they should learn to tell the difference but it's not to be expected, unfortunately. I think people treasure ignorance now.

Technically I am, but I don't feel it nor would most Hindus say I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learn that not all brown skinned people are Muslims and not all Muslims are brown skinned??
I'd really hate to be searched solely because I identify as a Muslim. I don't carry around weapons so I can fling them at people whose faces offend me or something. It's just unfair. They should at least limit to searching people who behave suspiciously. Not everyone is a terrorist
Well A.P.J Abdul Kalaam,a former president of India was searched in New York so...
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LilacLily)
Learn that not all brown skinned people are Muslims and not all Muslims are brown skinned??
I'd really hate to be searched solely because I identify as a Muslim. I don't carry around weapons so I can fling them at people whose faces offend me or something. It's just unfair. They should at least limit to searching people who behave suspiciously. Not everyone is a terrorist
Well A.P.J Abdul Kalaam,a former president of India was searched in New York so...
Yep although it's hard, apparently. Incidence of racism increased after the increased coverage of Islamic terror attacks on the media too, which was probably the worst for me. Had neighbours who we were fine with who insulted us.

That's just pathetic. Dr. Kallam is a great man. Leave it to the world's biggest hypocrites and terrorists to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.04%
The paper was reasonable (388)
42.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.23%

Watched Threads