Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I live in the Middle East and I need to send some funds to a bank account in the UK. What are the bank details that I will need?

I already have the account number and sort code. Will that be enough?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Desertanium)
    Hey everyone,
    I live in the Middle East and I need to send some funds to a bank account in the UK. What are the bank details that I will need?

I already have the account number and sort code. Will that be enough?
    Hi,
    That's enough to send money from one UK account to another, so it should be all you need. You might possibly be asked for the account holder's name as well, but they shouldn't need that as the two numbers you've got give them all the necessary information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooks)
    Hi,
    That's enough to send money from one UK account to another, so it should be all you need. You might possibly be asked for the account holder's name as well, but they shouldn't need that as the two numbers you've got give them all the necessary information.
    Err, I clearly said I live in the Middle East
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Desertanium)
    Err, I clearly said I live in the Middle East
    Heh, no - what I meant was, that's all you need to send money within the UK, so it should be all you need internationally as well.

Otherwise you could try TSR's money transfer tool. You might get a better exchange rate than elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    When my husband and I set up our own online business, we paid the website creators who were in Vietnam, and we did need the account number, sort code, BIC / Swift code, the IBAN number, and the bank address in Hanoi, Vietnam.

I think the same is true in reverse, to send to the uk you'll need the Bic / Swift code and the IBAN number, as well as what you've got already.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.