Phone charges really slow Watch

SharminaSyeda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a nokia and all of a sudden it charges really slow or doesn't just charge at all :/ I've tried using other chargers for example samsung one's but it doesn't make much difference :/
What can I do?

Please, quote when you're replying so I get a notification
mewdog
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SharminaSyeda)
I have a nokia and all of a sudden it charges really slow or doesn't just charge at all :/ I've tried using other chargers for example samsung one's but it doesn't make much difference :/
What can I do?

hi, when did you start using this phone? My old S2 is about 2 years old and the stock battery barely lasts a day and can not hold a charge since last year December. Getting a new battery may help.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SharminaSyeda)
What can I do?

What is the model number of the phone? Do you know if the battery is a lithium-ion type?

It does sound like the battery is the culprit and will need replacing. But that will be expensive.

Li-ion are great batteries, but are not as robust as older types.

The battery pack itself contains a sophisticated computer to monitor the battery (voltage, temperature etc) and regulate charging.

Lithium ion batteries age and last around 2 or 3 years irrespective of whether they are used or left on a shelf.

The batteries are very sensitive to heat and will degrade much faster at temperatures above 30oC. Human body temperature is 380C so keeping a phon in your jeans pocket etc. is not a good idea.

Li-ion can also be overcharged (left on charge for an extended period), this can also destroy the battery. So definitley not a good idea to let that happen.

And they don't like being completely discharged and if that happens they will be rendered useless.

If you buy a new battery, make sure the manufacture date is recent. i.e. it has not sat on a shelf or in a store room for a long time.
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get one off Amazon
SharminaSyeda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by mewdog)
hi, when did you start using this phone? My old S2 is about 2 years old and the stock battery barely lasts a day and can not hold a charge since last year December. Getting a new battery may help.
Erm a couple months ago, weird thing is it started charging normally yesterday! So I'm hoping its all okay now?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (104)
19.05%
The paper was reasonable (274)
50.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
19.96%
It was TERRIBLE (59)
10.81%

Watched Threads