Turn on thread page Beta

Paris Hilton watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Paris Hilton only exists for gay men and wannabies.
    that makes no sense. im not gay or a wannaby (wannaby what?) and i think she is awesome. the simple life is genius, and paris hilton is absolutely amazingly pretty, sexy etc etc. defo in my top 3 fave women!

ReputationRep:
    Lol... It makes me laugh when people say it's only 'jealously' if you don't like her... Who are you trying to fool?! Yeah, Paris Hilton is pretty with make-up on, but she really isn't all that. Pink got it right when she called her a 'stupid girl'.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Yes but IMO Pink is a sweaty munter.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, heat is just the best magazine on the planet, if i don't get it on a tuesday I start getting the shakes.

I love paris but I'm more of a nicole fan, well I was but she's changed a bit now. Wouldn't mind leading the life of either of them though!

ReputationRep:
    buttercup, theres an evil version of you roaming around these areas

(Original post by RR)
    ^^ Yes but IMO Pink is a sweaty munter.

hahahahahah

genius!

ReputationRep:
    What isnt to be jealous of, shes rich and pretty and spends her time doing exactly what she wants. So what if she's not clever, hasn't stopped her making millions herself, with the make up, clothes, books etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antics)
    buttercup, theres an evil version of you roaming around these areas
    Huh :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame that money can't buy class though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why some people think if girls don't like a pretty girl they're jealous? They only like her because she's 'hot', we're not going to like her just because she's attractive are we? What else is there to like about her??? I like Nicole because she's funny, all Paris done on the simple life was laugh at Nicole. People who like Paris are just as likely to be jealous of her as people who don't like her, infact they are more likely to be jealous.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why some people think if girls don't like a pretty girl they're jealous? They only like her because she's 'hot', we're not going to like her just because she's attractive are we? What else is there to like about her??? I like Nicole because she's funny, all Paris done on the simple life was laugh at Nicole. People who like Paris are just as likely to be jealous of her as people who don't like her, infact they are more likely to be jealous.
    I agree.

People have double standards sometimes. Personality 'matters' if the person is not famous, but if someone is in the public eye then with someone like PH (ie not much obvious talent) looks are perceived to be the most important thing about her, and we are all expected to like her for that?!

Fair enough, some people are better looking than others but why should that mean we are 'jealous' just because we don't rate someone considered 'attractive' as a looker? Isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder anyway?

For the record: I don't know how I rate her. Sometimes she looks really good (air brushing?) but sometimes it is obvious that she is facially not technically attractive- that nose! However, with her I think that she seems much more attractive than her face is because she has a much better body, and ticks all of the boxes to be considered attractive: tanned, tall, long legs, blonde hair, blue eyes, wears skimpy clothing, plus perhaps the most important thing, she has so much confidence that people are pulled into believing that she is as hot as she thinks she is.

ReputationRep:
    tanned, tall, long legs, blonde hair, blue eyes, wears skimpy clothing,
    not that I think that you need to have the above to be attractive. What I meant was that she fulfills the 'fantasy stereotype' of lots of men.

ReputationRep:
    I put my hand up and say I'm absolutely jealous of her! but I still like her. I'd love to have her money, live where she lives, look how she looks, have her (ahem) singing talent, well maybe not the last one

ReputationRep:
    God, I feel like I'm totally isolated in my feeling that Paris Hilton is not some kind of goddess. She has a horrible nose, she always has a sly look about her! I'm sorry, but I do not find her attractive at all facially, she has a hot body but her sister is much better looking.

And to anyone that says I'm jealous of her looks/money/lifestyle: I'm not bad looking myself, money is not my life and I love my lifestyle as is. If I had to choose between being myself or being her or any of the rest of her little Hollywood gang of 'cool' people, I'd pick myself any day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
    Huh :confused:

theres another poster called demonbuttercup

id be weary

ReputationRep:
    Paris is fab.Nicole is disgusting,she needs to eat a sandwich or something.

ReputationRep:
    Jordan has made millions, tell me where those came from? She hardly has any talents to speak of.
    But you know, I do half-like Nicole Richie. I certainly don't hate her like I hate Paris. Shallow creatures alike, but she has something more vulnerable and likeable about her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paintedfolk)
    Jordan has made millions, tell me where those came from? She hardly has any talents to speak of.
    But you know, I do half-like Nicole Richie. I certainly don't hate her like I hate Paris. Shallow creatures alike, but she has something more vulnerable and likeable about her.
    I love Katie Andre aka Jordan just as much as Paris. They're both legendary.

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit that whilst I do have a certain amount of respect for her as she has managed to play to all her strengths, despite there being no obvious ones (i.e. acting/singing), she's definatly not a celebrity I particularly admire as I really don't see that much to her.

And I think to dismiss anyone who dislikes her as being jealous, is ridiculous. I can understand why people would choose their own life over her's any day, I'd take my friends, my 'looks', my lifestyle, and unless your main ambission in life is to be filthy rich or to be a constant target of the papparazi then I can't understand why somebody would actually be jealous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepy_person!)
    I have to admit that whilst I do have a certain amount of respect for her as she has managed to play to all her strengths, despite there being no obvious ones (i.e. acting/singing), she's definatly not a celebrity I particularly admire as I really don't see that much to her.

And I think to dismiss anyone who dislikes her as being jelouse, is ridiculous. I can understand why people would choose their own life over her's any day, I'd take my friends, my 'looks', my lifestyle, and unless your main ambission in life is to be filthy rich or to be a constant target of the papparazi then I can't understand why somebody would actually be jelouse!
    I agree, the 'your jealous' come-back isn't always true. In fact, it's probably hardly ever true. I'm sure people are deeper than that. I just think she's a ****, isn't that reason enough to dislike her?

ReputationRep:
    i'm jealous of her money; and not even all of it, just a small percentage will be ample for lil old me..!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.