What are MA graduation dates? Watch

purpleokapi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm from the U.S., and I'm confused about the system here in terms of when MA graduation takes place. Dissertations are due September 15th, so is our graduation in November? December? January? July?

Also, is it possible to leave the country after exam period and not return until graduation as long as your dissertation is handed in on time?

Thanks!
Milostar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by purpleokapi)
I'm from the U.S., and I'm confused about the system here in terms of when MA graduation takes place. Dissertations are due September 15th, so is our graduation in November? December? January? July?

Also, is it possible to leave the country after exam period and not return until graduation as long as your dissertation is handed in on time?

Thanks!
Hi purpleokapi

According to this:
http://www.soas.ac.uk/graduation/

The ceremonies are in July. If I recall correctly, you get your results towards the end of the year you finish, and then you have to wait for months if you want to attend the ceremony, which isn't a compulsory one. If you don't go, they send you the certificate by post.

In practice you don't need to stick around after exams, unless your dissertation supervisor wants to see you. I did my MA at SOAS and I recall almost everyone I knew left London pretty much as soon as the exams finished.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has 2019 been so far?