BA Law at Stirling Watch

s_irshad2784
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone

Looking into returning to uni on a part time basis to study the BA Law degree. Anyone studying this degree at Stirling. Hope to hear what everyone thinks of this course and how its delivered etc by Stirling uni. I'm not wanting to practice as a solicitor hence why I'm not considering the LLB. Just wanting to study the subject.
Chocolatesoup
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by s_irshad2784)
Hi everyone

Looking into returning to uni on a part time basis to study the BA Law degree. Anyone studying this degree at Stirling. Hope to hear what everyone thinks of this course and how its delivered etc by Stirling uni. I'm not wanting to practice as a solicitor hence why I'm not considering the LLB. Just wanting to study the subject.
Hey, Im doing a BA degree in law and criminology, currently in my second year. for the law side of things, the BA is just as good and interesting as the LLB, the only difference is you only do 1 module per semester (or 2 if you get the choice, i dont because Im doing crim) instead of 3 like the LLBs. so overall you'll have less law work, but it means you dont get to do as many different kinds of modules. however the choices are still good, Im currently doing family law and have done criminal law last year as well. if you have any questions, feel free to message me
Quick-use
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by s_irshad2784)
Hi everyone

I guess what you're doing makes sense but even if you do LLB, I'm sure that you don't have to become a solicitor. It's just that it would be easier to become one should you want to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
  • University of Stirling
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
  • University of Stirling
    Thu, 26 Sep '19

How has 2019 been so far?