not much would change /sadface (10)
50%
This discussion is closed.
mimi112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
let's say society didn't judge women for sleeping around and the same standards applied for both sexes. would women act just like men and want casual sex as much? and want sex just for sex? and not just with the brad pitt's of the world? would we have straight bathhouses? would the world be one huge orgy?
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Nooo, because there are more risks for girls (pregnancy) than there are for boys! Why does nobody get this?!
mimi112
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maid Marian)
Nooo, because there are more risks for girls (pregnancy) than there are for boys! Why does nobody get this?!
there are zounds of contraception methods a woman can use these days (pill , iud, ring, shot, patch, implant.....). is that the only think holding women back? they would go full **** mode if they couldn't get pregnant? would the world become a giant gay sauna if pregnancy was not an issue?
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
the world would be crazy
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I thought it was women who shamed other women for sleeping with 'too many people'.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd probably get laid more, and that can't be a bad thing. But there are unbelievable double standards in society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
arson_fire
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mimi112)
let's say society didn't judge women for sleeping around and the same standards applied for both sexes. would women act just like men and want casual sex as much? and want sex just for sex? and not just with the brad pitt's of the world? would we have straight bathhouses? would the world be one huge orgy?
I thought it was just frustrated virgins on TSR that judged women for sleeping around!
kunoichi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Then guys might get laid more.
mimi112
Rep:
?
(Original post by techno-thriller)
the world would be crazy
i know. as crazy as a lesbian bathhouse. oh, wait....

so yeah, why are there no lesbian bathhouses? i'm so confused.......
FireGarden
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Society doesn't shame women for sex. It shames them for meaningless sex. I'm sure most people will think better of a girl who's got a higher number from loving relationships than a girl whose had less from people she met the same night.

What difference would occur in the hypothetical situation? I'd maybe find it harder to find a girl with values I agree with; not because there would be less, but it would be easier to spot the ones that don't.
ArtGoblin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There would be more women seeking causal sex, but I doubt the number would be equal to men seeking causal sex now. Women have less to gain from causal sex - men are almost guaranteed an orgasm when they have sex, but the same cannot be said for women. It is unlikely that a woman will have an orgasm while having sex with a stranger because he won't know her body and will be unlikely to give her oral sex. Not that women can't have fun having sex without orgasm but they still don't have as much to gain as men do.
mimi112
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtGoblin)
There would be more women seeking causal sex, but I doubt the number would be equal to men seeking causal sex now. Women have less to gain from causal sex - men are almost guaranteed an orgasm when they have sex, but the same cannot be said for women. It is unlikely that a woman will have an orgasm while having sex with a stranger because he won't know her body and will be unlikely to give her oral sex. Not that women can't have fun having sex without orgasm but they still don't have as much to gain as men do.
do you believe that men and women, on average, have the same need for sex? just sex for sex, no games and no commitment.

also, why are there no lesbian bathhouses? please respond.
arson_fire
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do you believe that men and women, on average, have the same need for sex? just sex for sex, no games and no commitment.

also, why are there no lesbian bathhouses? please respond.
Surprisingly, women like to have sex just as much as men IME. Even if societys attitudes change, guys who can`t wash or have an adult conversation still aren`t going to get any.
mimi112
Rep:
?
(Original post by arson_fire)
Surprisingly, women like to have sex just as much as men IME. Even if societys attitudes change, guys who can`t wash or have an adult conversation still aren`t going to get any.
why are there no lesbian bathhouses? and sex for the sake of sex has nothing to do with conversation. do you think most men would turn down a hot chick for sex because she isn't interesting?
arson_fire
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
why are there no lesbian bathhouses?
IDK. Maybe because of the number of pervy teenagers that would be hanging around outside trying to get a look inside.

My point was that if women don`t find you attractive they are not going to have sex with you, regardless of what society thinks.
mimi112
Rep:
?
My point was that if women don`t find you attractive they are not going to have sex with you, regardless of what society thinks.
are you saying that even if all social barriers were removed, women would still be much more sexually selective than men? if yes, then why? the mind boggles....
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We'd all **** like rabbits. Bring on the future.
mimi112
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moosferatu)
We'd all **** like rabbits. Bring on the future.
exactly ! i'm sure most of the ladies in this thread agree! one big lesbian sauna!!!!!!
arson_fire
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
are you saying that even if all social barriers were removed, women would still be much more sexually selective than men? if yes, then why? the mind boggles....
I think so yes.

Take Sweden. Its almost the polar opposite of the UK. The women are sexually agressive, its normal for them to approach guys, casual sex is not fround upon as much as it is here, and yet there are still loads of guys complaining they aint getting any.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
exactly ! i'm sure most of the ladies in this thread agree! one big lesbian sauna!!!!!!
Yay i'll jump in too and faint cause I'd be like "ah jesus i'm gonna cry"

I think so yes.

Take Sweden. Its almost the polar opposite of the UK. The women are sexually agressive, its normal for them to approach guys, casual sex is not fround upon as much as it is here, and yet there are still loads of guys complaining they aint getting any.
Next destination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
31.07%
The paper was reasonable (398)
40.41%
Not feeling great about that exam... (159)
16.14%
It was TERRIBLE (122)
12.39%

Watched Threads