How to make him realise he likes me.. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So me and this guy have a complicated friendship. We've been friends for over a year and been having a more than friends but less than lovers relationship for almost the time we've known each other. There is an undeniable strong attraction between us and everyone can see it and I can feel it but him. Im not sure if he's in denial or just doesn't really see it but its impossible not to. People say we're meant to be together and should just make it official. I know that he likes me but when I confronted him he said I'm only a friend and nothing else. He said he values me so much as a friend and don't wanna loose me. One day he's all sweet and stuff then next thing he's rude and cold. He gets jealous easily when he thinks im talking or seeing another guy. He becomes sweet and affectionate when i start to keep my distance from him. This is always the cycle. I've waited til he's ready but I don't think he ever will.

What should I do? How can i make him realise that there's an attraction between us and that he likes me too? or how do I move on from him when I see him almost all the time
musketeer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can't make him realise anything unfortunately. It sounds like he doesn't really know what he wants.

I would test him, be cold back, make him chase you. If he does chase you, it might make him realise he is interested. If he doesn't, it tells you he's not interested.

It will be hard but stick with it, it'll be worth it!
IlexBlue
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This sounds a little creepy, to be honest.

"He says he doesn't like me that way but I KNOW he does really, he just hasn't REALISED yet, how do I make him see this?!"

As I've said before, people have this thing called "free will" and he isn't required to reciprocate your feelings if (be it for the present or always) he doesn't feel the same way about you.

Put a distance between you if it's difficult, and keep it, no matter how "sweet" he is. It's not really fair to either of you to be hanging around each other with conflicting feelings, and he sounds a bit of a git anyway with this alternating "nice" and "rude" personality.
William Turtle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So me and this guy have a complicated friendship. We've been friends for over a year and been having a more than friends but less than lovers relationship for almost the time we've known each other. There is an undeniable strong attraction between us and everyone can see it and I can feel it but him. Im not sure if he's in denial or just doesn't really see it but its impossible not to. People say we're meant to be together and should just make it official. I know that he likes me but when I confronted him he said I'm only a friend and nothing else. He said he values me so much as a friend and don't wanna loose me. One day he's all sweet and stuff then next thing he's rude and cold. He gets jealous easily when he thinks im talking or seeing another guy. He becomes sweet and affectionate when i start to keep my distance from him. This is always the cycle. I've waited til he's ready but I don't think he ever will.

What should I do? How can i make him realise that there's an attraction between us and that he likes me too? or how do I move on from him when I see him almost all the time
Go all Bridget Jones on his ass. Get locked in a Thai jail and the strength of his feeling should become apparent.
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can't make someone love you. He might not see what you're doing is flirting, guys struggle to pick up on flirting especially if they're inexperienced and you sound young. You might fancy him and you might end up have meaningless sex, but if he doesn't love you, then there's nothing you can do. You might want to make sure he only wants to be friends, before you embarrass yourself.
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You'll look a bit odd forcing him to see that he likes you. It's almost as if you really like him but he doesn't. Weird.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha if he says he sees you as a friend, then he sees you as a friend..nobody else's opinions matter but his:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.75%
The paper was reasonable (440)
45.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.03%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed