?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
from university (student finance), job or whatever your doing atm
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I average £11 a year, sometimes £12 if I'm extremely lucky. My propensity to save is non-existent and will forever reside in relative poverty.
ineedtorevise127
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
I average £11 a year, sometimes £12 if I'm extremely lucky. My propensity to save is non-existent and will forever reside in relative poverty.
Oh what are you doing atm? What do you spend all your money on
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ineedtorevise127)
Oh what are you doing atm? What do you spend all your money on
Final year of 6th form, so I suppose you could argue I have no real incentives to save. I am totally dependent on my parents money. Next year however, I don't know how I will cope. 'YOLO' or so they say.
givemestrength
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Erm Im in year 13 and plan to save £2000 (though Im spending half on Macbook air) if all goes well (i.e I dont get fired)
oohlaalaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I save approx 250=400 a month. Varies a lot, but depends on my bills for the month. The leftover goes straight into my savings account. I work nearly full-time though and study part-time.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
long term savings, nothing. I do manage short term savings for example saving up for Christmas, or a trip, or something like that. But nothing long term.

I save for the kids though. £10 each child per month. It's not much but better than nothing.
Katie_p
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I "save" about £3k each year, but only about £1k of each year is left in my account 21 months later.
I work over the summer to save up for Uni the following year, and usually manage to get a bit left over, which I may well need next year as I don't think I can work this summer
Alarae
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I saved around £4500 last year, but then spent that and more on my car (it is a lovely red Fiat 500, no finance and insurance paid outright).

I'm starting from scratch again this month but should be around £500 saved I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I overspent this semester so no savings and i don't yet have a job. Each semester though i can save a minimum of £500 from my student loans so by Summer 2015 (end of university) i hope to leave with a minimum of £2500 in savings and just a £500 overdraft. In addition i fully intend to find a job and bar summer 2014 (i'd need to cover my living costs) almost everything i earn should be for savings and so feasibly by summer 2015 i should from employment have at least another £2500, potentially much more.
Bale90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're all doing pretty great. It's a good trend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (185)
29.98%
The paper was reasonable (250)
40.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
17.5%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
11.99%

Watched Threads