Tips and stories on first day of university? Watch

dBousfield
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm starting in September 2014 next year and I was just wondering, what were people's first days like? I'm really looking forward to meeting new people but of course, like many other people, there is an underlying sense of anxiousness. If anyone had any tips about initially moving in that would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile
shooks
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dBousfield)
So I'm starting in September 2014 next year and I was just wondering, what were people's first days like? I'm really looking forward to meeting new people but of course, like many other people, there is an underlying sense of anxiousness. If anyone had any tips about initially moving in that would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember the pre-uni nerves pretty well, but you'll probably find they go away as soon as you get there. Are you staying in halls? Moving in is really good fun - your halls gradually fill up with new people and before you know it there's a whole gang of you ready to get started. Your early days are all about getting settled, getting to know your way around and meeting people. Have fun!
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My first day was great. I was nervous to start off with of course, but I got chatting to people on my course and we went out several times over the course of freshers, making it possible to meet other people too.
little_wizard123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Worst day of my life.

Hope this helps :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My first day was fine, i can't remember it very well, i was quite hungover. It was really just an introductory lecture.

I'd already met my friends at freshers.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
My first day was great. I was nervous to start off with of course, but I got chatting to people on my course and we went out several times over the course of freshers, making it possible to meet other people too.
was your first day of uni before freshers? :confused:
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by deedee123)
My first day was fine, i can't remember it very well, i was quite hungover. It was really just an introductory lecture.

I'd already met my friends at freshers.

was your first day of uni before freshers? :confused:
No, it was on the monday, the first day of freshers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.75%
The paper was reasonable (440)
45.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.03%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed