School Experience Programme - Keen to hear your thoughts Watch

sso3es
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Please do reply if you have any opinions on the SEP.

Whether your writing as someone who has attended the SEP, writing as a school who have offered places or whatever, I'd be really keen to hear your views- both psotive and negative all greatly received!

Regards,

Lemmy
Mr M
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sso3es)
Please do reply if you have any opinions on the SEP.

Whether your writing as someone who has attended the SEP, writing as a school who have offered places or whatever, I'd be really keen to hear your views- both psotive and negative all greatly received!

Regards,

Lemmy
I've accommodated a few SEP students - what exactly do you want to know and why?
sso3es
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am trying to analyse how SEP participation can be increased both via candidates signing up and Schools registering themselves. Therefore I am keen to hear what candiates thought of the experience but probably most importantly, what inspired your school to sign up, how the school found the candidates, issues and reccomendations you have which may increase the chances of other schools joining.

At present the SEP scheme needs to address how to increase school participation in certain reigons- as a real base to begin my analysis I wanted to hear from people who have had direct experiences.

Regards,
Mr M
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I signed up after reading about the launch of the scheme somewhere on the internet. Some of the candidates were placed with us from a considerable distance away (30-40 miles) which wasn't particularly convenient for them as we are not easy to reach by public transport. We had 4 candidates in about 6 months then were offered a 5th but we had to decline this offer as we were suffering a temporary staffing crisis at the time (our Mathematics Department was 3 teachers down). That was over a year ago and we have been fully-staffed for several months but we haven't been offered anyone else since so there may be an issue if you allow schools to drop off your radar so easily. You were mainly dealing with a particular member of staff who is currently on maternity leave so it is possible that you have been unable to make contact with us recently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads