Friend won't even talk to me until I initiate the talking first? Watch

kka25
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would think this "friend" of mine is either incredibly childish, strange or just full of ego; this person is one of those people that wouldn't even talk to you until you say something to them first. I emphasize the "say something to them first", since they would actually go back home without even talking anything to you just because you didn't initiate the conversation first. They pretend as if they are busy with work (which they aren't) and wouldn't even look at you until you say something to them. When you started the conversation, then all of a sudden, they become this happy cheerful person like there's no tomorrow! :confused:

Has anyone been through this situation before? How do you handle them? I've reached to the point of questioning myself why on earth I'm befriending this person for?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lool, weird guy. :s
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Maybe he doesn't think you like him, so he doesn't start the convo in case he bothers you?
boxedpotatoes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They might just be shy or not know what to talk about with you?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Um, I have been one of these people. He turned out to be a right ******** after I asked him to stop contacting me all the time. And yes, that's why I rarely started the conversation - because he wanted contact 24/7.
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some people (like me) don't feel the need to talk so won't start a conversation however if someone starts one with me i'll speak for as long as needed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
23%
The paper was reasonable (429)
44.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.11%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise