The Student Room Group

Do people still date in Uni? after you get her number, wants usually next step?

I mean, I am a bit older, if it was up to me...... meal, cinema etc..... but younger people dont seem to do this anymore..

Any examples of your first meet ups with boyfriends etc....
Reply 1
I don't really think there is a "code" or anything you need to stick by or refer to when dating.

Yeah, people still date in university, but it's more of "hanging out and talking" as opposed to proper dating like dressing up and going out.

I think you should just resume with the meals and cinema thing. Don't be afraid that younger people don't do these kind of things anymore, it's just other people generalising a generation.

Talk to her more often and build on your relationship. Ask her when she's free and if she would like to actually go out, or whatever she prefers.

Everyone's different and who knows, she might be the kind of girl who loves to go out for dinners and movies.

My best friend was my boyfriend actually, so we didn't really experience a meet up in the beginning. We just gradually got to know each other really well until we started to like each other in that way. We're really close, so my advice would to be just to get to know each, but make sure she knows that you're interested and not just as a "friend."

Don't fall into that trap of what people call a "friendzone." I'm assuming you recently met this girl, so make things clear beforehand.

Take care and good luck! :smile:
Don't overthink it. Just remember that your girl poops. That should give you the confidence. Good luck dude.
Reply 3
The next step is sex, in fact that often comes before getting the number.
texted for few days, then went on a first date which was meal and cinema

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate going on dates. With most of the guys I've been with, we end up at their place and simply hang out or have sex. I like things simple and low key but I'm not sure if l can speak for most girls in this generation.
Reply 6
I wasn't at university when I first started going out with my boyfriend, but we went out to comedy shows or the cinema. It's not as though people don't go out anymore...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending