What's Kent Uni like for Introverts? Watch

9kenny5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I hear a lot about freshers, drinking all the time and just partying. I like to drink but not get drunk and prefer staying in. So if there's anybody else like this. What's uni like for you?
jwhitehead94
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not so much an introvert so I can't relate to you on that front. I can't drink due to severe medical problems that require life long medication (fun!) so I can relate to you there! There's no such thing as a university that's good or bad for drinkers and non drinkers, and vice versa. You'll meet so many people like yourself that you won't believe it (I'm not at uni, but the law of averages basically predicts this). Just realise that Canterbury/Medway are full of pubs so drinking is part and parcel of the Kent lifestyle, but again, you'll only know when/if you get there!
Cannotbelieveit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well Freshers Week you are generally expected to drink with your house mates and go out to a party or to a club, etc.

After freshers it calms down a lot, and I tend to associate myself as an introvert, and I'm very comfortable here. Obviously depends on how much your house mates and friends like to get drunk and go out.
Wickey312
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

I'm exactly the same as you, so can provide some help here! Freshers week is probably the hardest time as the introverts are hiding away! As soon as you find them (which you definitely will), everything is great. Whatever you're into or not into, you'll find the people to do what you want. There's not a need to go clubbing, might as well go to the pub "events" as you can meet people who like to drink but not get drunk.. I say events like that because it's not organised and it's basically just a lot of people in a pub.

You are not expected to do anything - I told my flatmates that I don't like clubbing and they weren't like "Omg are you socially inept", they essentially went out whilst I stayed in the flat - which after a few days you'll enjoy one night off.

Freshers week isn't great for people like us, as like I said everyone are hiding away from the clubbers and the wild bunch. The biggest regret from other people was that they didn't go to the pub to meet people, so go to that in Freshers Week as it's quite possible you find people that are like you. Once lectures start you will have more of a chance to meet people like you - as they are on your course so you immediately have the same sort of interests.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well. Any more questions - message me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.88%
The paper was reasonable (491)
39.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (217)
17.36%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.48%

Watched Threads