Anyone here, who likes animated movies? Watch

Alextyler7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I love animated movies...
Despicable me, Up, and Kung Fu Panda are my favorite.
username976741
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't exactly care to admit it, but I'm a big animated movie fan...
xsindy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yussss :3

Totoro, anyone?
Prandtl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xsindy)
Totoro, anyone?
It's an unpopular opinion but this is easily the worst Ghibli I've seen.
xsindy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Prandtl)
Perhaps I have this unconditional love for it no matter what due to childhood memories. xD
Prandtl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xsindy)
Perhaps I have this unconditional love for it no matter what due to childhood memories. xD
The film's got a huge following so I doubt it. More likely I'm not seeing what everyone else does

Every other Ghibli I've seen is at least great though :yep:
asif007
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alextyler7)
I love animated movies...
Despicable me, Up, and Kung Fu Panda are my favorite.
Another fan of animated movies here! Some of my recent favourites include Brave, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, Wreck-It Ralph, Turbo, Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.
Alextyler7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by asif007)
Another fan of animated movies here! Some of my recent favourites include Brave, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, Wreck-It Ralph, Turbo, Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.
Nice, I have also watched Despicable Me 2 and all parts of Toy Story, they are all awesome.
ninth2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like good old hand drawn animation! The Land Before Time and The Secret of NIMH are classics. Disney-wise it has to be Sleeping Beauty (every frame is a work of art), The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Treasure Planet! Ghibli is hit and miss for me - Spirited Away is amazing and I could watch it every week. Howls Moving Castle is absorbing but occasionally annoying.
Welsh_insomniac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Prandtl)
What's your favourite Ghibli movie you have seen?

An unpopular opinion but I thought Whisper of the Heart is by far one of the best in the series.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have to watch Finding Nemo at least three times a week (it's the only god damn movie my 8 month old nephew likes) so I feel obliged to say I like it now. :indiff:

But the Disney princesses movies will always be with me. :love:
Prandtl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
What's your favourite Ghibli movie you have seen?

An unpopular opinion but I thought Whisper of the Heart is by far one of the best in the series.
Nausicaa (even though it's not strictly a Ghibli) or Princess Mononoke would be favourites for me.

I've stalled at seeing about eight of them in total and Whisper of the Heart is one I've missed. I'll have to get more disciplined at checking Film4's listings each week and recording them when they pop up.
0le
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How to train your dragon is one of my favourite films.

Animated films are like any other films really. Not sure why anyone would hate on a film purely because it is animated?
amjam441
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love animation movies. :ahee: I want to have a job to do with 3d animation. Build a portfolio then sign up for the tops (disney, pixar, dream works (not so much), and blue sky) I can not wait
rickfloss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Iron Giant

loved that movie

and also, all dogs go to heaven
dmorgan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The best animated films are Surfs Up and Toy Story 1+2 in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
amjam441
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I never really enjoyed surfs up much tbh. All the Toy Story films were genius though in my opinion
Kallisto
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As a rule I prefer cartoons. Nevertheless there are animated movies which I have watched and I like some of them.
amjam441
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
As a rule I prefer cartoons. Nevertheless there are animated movies which I have watched and I like some of them.
Yeah disney classic will always rule... I still feel sad when I think about how disney decided to stop cartoons in favour of 3d films only. :bawling:
Kallisto
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by amjam441)
Yeah disney classic will always rule... I still feel sad when I think about how disney decided to stop cartoons in favour of 3d films only. :bawling:
I am a little bit disappointed too that cartoons became out of date. There are so many cartoons which were (are still!) great films, the Jungle book, the lion king, the aristocats, beauty and the beast, etc. to name but a few.

It's great pity indeed, that disney decided to stop producing cartoons.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (29)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (54)
42.19%
Not feeling great about that exam (25)
19.53%
It was TERRIBLE (20)
15.63%

Watched Threads