Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Michelle12,

Your plan of resitting sounds like an excellent one and I commend you for putting yourself through it again. I hope, as you say, that you are ready to learn from your past mistakes.

Something else to consider after your resits might be a combination of going into full-time employment and undertaking an Open University programme (which I believe nobody else here has suggested yet) - this may suit you better than full-time education. Plus, the Open University is well respected due to the scale of commitment it requires (many OU graduates have families and full-time jobs).

Hope this helps a little.

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend a foundation year at uni. It's not that difficult to get on them even at good unis and after you complete it you are guaranteed a place on a degree at the uni. Only bad point about that is you get an extra year of debt.

Being a mature student they will look into what you have been doing for the past years since you left school, such as work experience, related spare time activities etc. This is why they are able to lower entry requirements for you. If you already match their standard entry requirements then they won't care so much about your background.

If you pass an Access course you can apply to any uni in the country but make sure the course has enough credits available and is related to the uni course you want to do. For example a Health Access course won't get you on a Maths degree.

Alternatively you could just go re-take your A2s again and put the effort in and get good grades. Either way you need to learn to keep focussed, not procrastinate etc.

ReputationRep:
    I think I must have missed some of the middle posts when I made the last one. Good luck with your plans. It sounds like a wise option. I think it would be a mistake to just take up any place through clearing when you clearly haven't settled on which subject you want to take. If you are starting out on your degree later than other people you do need to be sure that it's a subject you are really prepared to work at for three years. It sounds like you didn't choose your A levels too well, so you need to be more careful next time round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badboy21)
    sleepy person u are a show off and i dont like your attidude , so waht if i got ddd in my alevels there is no need to gloat
    And you are a naive little boy and I don't like your attitude which seems to be, 'I'm not actually going to read and take in what people's posts say- I'm just going to make assumptions and criticize for no real reason.'

Have I ever said getting three Ds at A level is bad? No. Go post in a forum where people are saying that people who get those sorts of grades shouldn't even be in school and should be training to do physical labour. You might get a bit more of debate.

Thank you and good day.

Ps, OP if you're still following this thread, how is everything going? What did you decide in the end? XX

ReputationRep:
    You have no chance of a decent course at a decent uni with those grades. You will have to retake.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.