Does an apprenticeship count as full-time education? Watch

SoFuturistic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been thinking about taking an apprenticeship instead of sixth-form as i hate sitting in classrooms all day but the more i look into it the less clear it becomes wether it counts as work or education :/
chloehaguee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi
I did an apprenticeship a few years ago. Generally you attend college part-time and then work the rest. (I did one day at college a week, worked the other 4)
Great for getting work experience and a qualification at the same time!
Chloe

Posted from TSR Mobile
janfelton
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Apprenticeship gets value as work experience but if you want to get added advantage you have to get a degree beside your apprenticeship. If you don't like to sit in a classroom day long then you can go for online mode of study. In online learning, you don't have to spend your whole day in the classroom and you will enjoy your learning flexibly.
gunner4life95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SoFuturistic)
I've been thinking about taking an apprenticeship instead of sixth-form as i hate sitting in classrooms all day but the more i look into it the less clear it becomes wether it counts as work or education :/
Most apprenticeships have work and education aspects to it not just one.
They are more part time education rather then full time, because as said before you usually do four days at a work placement and one day at a college, where full time education is usually over 30 hours a week.

In some cases you may have to study in your own time. Also there are courses which are pre apprenticeships were you just study part time but move onto a full apprenticeship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed