How much will I miss football? Watch

mikey_hale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I currently am a season ticker holder at MK Dons. I appreciate that quite a few of you will hate this club but I was wondering, as I will be moving away, how much do you miss going to see your local team when you go to Uni, because I can't think what it'll be like to not be going to the game every saturday
shooks
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mikey_hale)
I currently am a season ticker holder at MK Dons. I appreciate that quite a few of you will hate this club but I was wondering, as I will be moving away, how much do you miss going to see your local team when you go to Uni, because I can't think what it'll be like to not be going to the game every saturday

How far from MK are you moving? Might be possible to get to the odd home game still?

I was a season ticket holder at Palace before I went to uni in Notts. It was too far to travel down for home games regularly, but I went to all the away games within a 90 minute train trip. It made for a nice change of scene - got to see lots of new away grounds and be part of the regular travelling support.

Out of interest, were you one of the old Wimbledon supporters who moved with the club, or did you start supporting them post-move? Must admit, I don't like what MK Dons are built on, but I find it an interesting club.
mikey_hale
Rep:
?
(Original post by shooks)
How far from MK are you moving? Might be possible to get to the odd home game still?

I was a season ticket holder at Palace before I went to uni in Notts. It was too far to travel down for home games regularly, but I went to all the away games within a 90 minute train trip. It made for a nice change of scene - got to see lots of new away grounds and be part of the regular travelling support.

Out of interest, were you one of the old Wimbledon supporters who moved with the club, or did you start supporting them post-move? Must admit, I don't like what MK Dons are built on, but I find it an interesting club.
Hopefully Huddersfield, and second choice is Sunderland, so quite some way. I will be able to go to some away games (especially if I'm in Huddersfield) but home games will become a rarity I should think. Just wondering how hard it is, I know i'll miss it, but I'd assume it'll get easier, especially with plenty going on at Uni.
I live in Leighton Buzzard (dont know if you heard of it) but Dons are my local side. Most people don't know the facts and jump on the bandwagon of hating us tbh but from the outside I can see why fans dont like us. But we are doing alot of good!
wildrover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just support the team that's in your university town, you franchise fans are good at changing clubs.
mikey_hale
Rep:
?
(Original post by wildrover)
Just support the team that's in your university town, you franchise fans are good at changing clubs.
I support my local team, just like other football fans do.
wildrover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mikey_hale)
I support my local team, just like other football fans do.
Who did you support before?
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
Not much
mikey_hale
Rep:
?
(Original post by wildrover)
Who did you support before?
I didn't, I was brought up in a family of Manchester United fans (got a feeling this won't help my case haha) but my first game was still a Dons game. I was 8 when the move happened. I was much more interested in playing football than watching football, and I wouldn't have been able to get to games and afford them anyway.
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its hard missing out on it, even more so if you have a really good season
mikey_hale
Rep:
?
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
Its hard missing out on it, even more so if you have a really good season
I should be allright there, we don't tend to have good seasons!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (481)
30.95%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.47%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.9%

Watched Threads