Commuting from brighton to london Watch

jjharrison
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I go to brighton university and looking at doing a placement year next year starting 2014. I would really like to go to london but having lived in brighton my whole life and planning on staying here due to expenses I'm a bit stuck. Was wondering if I could get some advice about commuting to london from brighton 5 days week from any one who has experience doing it or knows somebody?

Is it even worth it, time wise, social life?

Thanks
(Tom)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jjharrison)
Hi,

I go to brighton university and looking at doing a placement year next year starting 2014. I would really like to go to london but having lived in brighton my whole life and planning on staying here due to expenses I'm a bit stuck. Was wondering if I could get some advice about commuting to london from brighton 5 days week from any one who has experience doing it or knows somebody?

Is it even worth it, time wise, social life?

Thanks
Hey, I think it depends what placement you're hoping to do and whether London offers a better opportunity. I do the 'anti commute' from London to Brighton to work here at TSR. It's a long way to come but totally worth it for this job (which I love!).

Going from Brighton to London the trains are pretty packed at commuter times and it's not cheap. You might even be able to live in London for less money. Worth doing the maths.

London is a brilliant place to work and it's great after work too. Definitely something you should do at some point!

What are you studying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
32.55%
The paper was reasonable (312)
49.06%
Not feeling great about that exam... (72)
11.32%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.08%

Watched Threads