People's view on changing subjects at uni?? Watch

Tolula
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So basically guys what are your opinion on a person going to university and does the subject they think they love and finding out it isn't now for them for example a person doing a nursing course then wanting to do teachers training is it too drastic???

Posted from TSR Mobile
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not drastic, but you do need to be SURE about your change of direction.

You will have to drop out and reapply. This has financial implications. You can only do this once and still get full funding from SFE. You will also not be funded if you need to repeat a year due to failing exams etc.
Tolula
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Oh wow I see and you know how you said drop and reapply will I have to wait another year? And are they strict one which subject you want to take or would they let you pick any course? And how quick would I reapply? And is the fungicidal implications stressful In a sense I have to wait for funding sorry for all the questions :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tolula)
Oh wow I see and you know how you said drop and reapply will I have to wait another year? And are they strict one which subject you want to take or would they let you pick any course? And how quick would I reapply? And is the fungicidal implications stressful In a sense I have to wait for funding sorry for all the questions :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
You would have to reapply for september 2014 entry, yes. Universities don't let people transfer onto unrelated courses in the middle of the year, as they will have missed a lot of course content. You can't just pick any course, you would still have to meet the entry requirements of a course to transfer onto it. If you are transfering to a very similar course (e.g. biology to biochemistry) the process might be a bit easier, and you might not have to formally reapply via UCAS.

As you would be reapplying next year, you would apply for funding as normal, so this would be less of an issue.
Dopamine Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It happens quite frequently, some people change into other related courses and some people appreciate that what they originally chose just didn't meet their expectations.

I can't add more than SlowlorisIncognito has, which has been excellent advice. It's fine to do, just try and be sure of yourself and do whatever you do for the right reasons.
Lord Harold
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lack of interest and commitment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (1)
7.69%
The paper was reasonable (7)
53.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (2)
15.38%
It was TERRIBLE (3)
23.08%

Watched Threads