Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've basically finished my UCAS and will be sending it off soon, I've started to get really worried that I won't be accepted into university I naturally worry a lot but I could really do with some advice.

I'm currently studying a btec level 3 extended diploma in creative media production and I'm predicted DDD I also achieved DD in first year which was the 90 credit diploma. I did my first year of as levels and received C in media and D's in sociology English language and business. GCSE's I got 4B's and 2C's including maths and English. I'm really worried this won't be enough to get in though could u please tell me my chances of getting into these universities, the requirements all state DDD or below which is what I'm predicted but I'm not sure that will be enough

Newcastle University
    University of East Anglia
    University of Leeds
    Sheffield Hallam
    Liverpool John Moores
    Northumbria university

Any additional comments on these universities will be great also

Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a big ask really for a social forum but I would really appreciate any advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No point worrying.

I think you will get a good amount of offers personally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you meet the entry requirements that are stated on the university's website, then it's worth applying :yep:

However, you only get to pick 5 so you'll have to drop one.

ReputationRep:
    We can't tell you your exact chances, as only admissions staff will know the standard of applicants they will accept this year, and other factors may influence their decision, such as your reference and your PS.

However, provided your predictions and GCSE results meet their entry requirements and your reference and PS are both good, you should definately get some offers. It is a good idea to have a few safer choices, just in case, and also to use as an insurance incase you don't meet your predicted grades. That said, applying to somewhere asking for DDD with DDD predictions is not that risky, and you should be fine.

Why do you think it won't be enough if you meet their entry requirements?

But yes, you will have to chose one to leave off your UCAS. So long as you have a bit of a spread of entry requirements so you have something to use as an insurance, you should probably just leave off the place you like the least. I would aim to apply to 3 asking for DDD, and 2 asking for a couple of grades lower.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I'll drop northumbria it was only a back up for newcastle, and yeah true I'm just being pessimistic I guess, and I know that I can meet the requirements I just worry that they will look at my as levels and gcse's and decline me, Thankyou people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
    We can't tell you your exact chances, as only admissions staff will know the standard of applicants they will accept this year, and other factors may influence their decision, such as your reference and your PS.

However, provided your predictions and GCSE results meet their entry requirements and your reference and PS are both good, you should definately get some offers. It is a good idea to have a few safer choices, just in case, and also to use as an insurance incase you don't meet your predicted grades. That said, applying to somewhere asking for DDD with DDD predictions is not that risky, and you should be fine.

Why do you think it won't be enough if you meet their entry requirements?

But yes, you will have to chose one to leave off your UCAS. So long as you have a bit of a spread of entry requirements so you have something to use as an insurance, you should probably just leave off the place you like the least. I would aim to apply to 3 asking for DDD, and 2 asking for a couple of grades lower.
    Thanks for the detailed reply, set my mind at rest abit, I've just got the idea that the 'univeristy of' group won't be keen on btec's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dp12081994)
    Thanks for the detailed reply, set my mind at rest abit, I've just got the idea that the 'univeristy of' group won't be keen on btec's

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The "university of" is not a group that shares any features at all. It's just a naming convention. If a university says on its website that it accepts a particular BTEC for a particular course, then they do. They wouldn't list it as an acceptable qualification on their website unless they wanted applications from people with/studying for BTECs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my tutors just drilled that at me as a simple overview of reputations, and okay thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dp12081994)
    Yeah my tutors just drilled that at me as a simple overview of reputations, and okay thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's really not. It doesn't mean anything at all, just that probably that university was the first in that particular city. Plenty of top universities are not "university of" anywhere.

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.