[POLL] Which is your favourite song from MMLP2 by Eminem? Watch

Poll: Which is your favourite song from MMLP2?
Bad Guy (6)
23.08%
Legacy (3)
11.54%
Rhyme or Reason (3)
11.54%
Parking Lot (0)
0%
Survival (0)
0%
So Much Better (1)
3.85%
******* ft. Skylar Grey (0)
0%
Berzerk (0)
0%
Rap God (5)
19.23%
Brainless (1)
3.85%
Stronger Than I Was (0)
0%
The Monster ft. Rihanna (2)
7.69%
So Far (0)
0%
Love Game ft. Kendrick Lamar (1)
3.85%
Headlights ft. Nate Ruess (3)
11.54%
Evil Twin (1)
3.85%
ElGenioEstúpido
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So, what's you favourite song from MMLP2, I would have to say Bad guy or Legacy.

What about you?

Edit: Option featuring Skylar Grey is:

elohssA

backwards.
Davelittle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not a fan of any of them to be honest
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Entire album sucks, his teeny emo fans ruined him
Scoobster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good thread - will be interested to see the overall result after a few votes notch up.

Overall - not a fan of the album at all, find myself pressing the skip button way too much.

Devastated that he named it the Marshall Mathers LP2.
jack-1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sick and tired of people who have their heads stuck in the 90s and early 00s. Eminem has moved on in his life he can't keep going on about the same stuff so stop saying ignorant **** like "oh i only lyke eminem wen he do d drugs".
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jack-1)
Sick and tired of people who have their heads stuck in the 90s and early 00s. Eminem has moved on in his life he can't keep going on about the same stuff so stop saying ignorant **** like "oh i only lyke eminem wen he do d drugs".
Not everyone who criticises this album has their heads stuck in the 90s, silly :rolleyes:.

This album is 3/5 at best, very, very annoying when people lash out at any justified criticism and play the 'you're stuck in the 90's' card. There is plenty of quality Hip-Hop around these days. This album isn't really some of it, though. It's good in parts, bad in others, criticism is justified.

Eminem can't keep doing the same thing, you're right, but he could have took all the embarrassing pop hooks out, track with Rihanna and those other nobodies who did the hooks on the other songs. He could have worked with better producers and could have left out plain awful songs like Stronger Than I Was and Headlights. Go and listen to the first MMLP then come back to this, this is not evolved Hip-Hop at all, it's a Hip-Pop CD. Most of the people criticising it are actually Hip-Hop fans.

2ndClass has a point about his new fan base as well, rushing to his defence every time (and are massive fans because they liked Mockingbird and Beautiful).

BTW did you buy the album? I did.
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The album isn't perfect - there are some annoying songs and some bad lines, however on the whole it is a good album.

It's wrong to say the entire album is bad when there are some really good songs - Bad Guy, Legacy, Brainless. The bonus tracks are good as well, and probably should have replaced songs on the album (ie Beautiful Pain replacing The Monster).

The best thing that I took away from this Album is that Eminem is moving away from Recovery and Relapse type - albums, and is getting closer to those earlier 4 albums.

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Eminem can't keep doing the same thing, you're right, but he could have took all the embarrassing pop hooks out, track with Rihanna and those other nobodies who did the hooks on the other songs. He could have worked with better producers and could have left out plain awful songs like Stronger Than I Was and Headlights. Go and listen to the first MMLP then come back to this, this is not evolved Hip-Hop at all, it's a Hip-Pop CD. Most of the people criticising it are actually Hip-Hop fans.

2ndClass has a point about his new fan base as well, rushing to his defence every time (and are massive fans because they liked Mockingbird and Beautiful).

What don't you like about Headlights? I think it's quite good.

Also the poll is messed up - you can vote for more than one song.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ThatPerson)
What don't you like about Headlights? I think it's quite good.
It's corny as ****, or at least I find it corny, and Eminem already said he gets on with his mother in an interview a while back (two years ago in fact), so it's not news either like everyone is making out. But people seem to like it when Eminem shows his feels.

I agree with your post btw, those tracks you named are my picks too, with Rhyme or Reason and Evil Twin also.
Dopamine Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If this album was released in 2012 then things may have been different. But 2013 has been a fantastic year for quality hip-hop album releases and unfortunately whilst many artists have flourished and absolutely killed it, MMLP2 is quite forgettable. Kendrick Lamar's the hottest hip-hop artist around right now and a collaboration with Eminem was something that gave me a very hard erection, and what was produced - 'Love Game'. Terrible. So terrible that I had to flick through my iTunes to see what it was even called...

It's more of a mixtape than an album, it has no overall vibe, no direction, the production is poor, and the songs just don't blend. It jumps from quite dark rap, to hip hop, to country, to rock, to pop... I don' even know what genre to label it as. Skylar Grey released what was, IMO, one of the best albums of 2013 with Eminem as executive producer so I just can't get my head around why it was anything other than excellent. The collaboration on MMLP2 was substandard from both artists respectively.

Calling it MMLP2 was also a mistake - it gave false pretences and raised expectations for an album that Eminem just couldn't, and didn't deliver. As a fan, I found it disappointing.
jack-1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not everyone who criticises this album has their heads stuck in the 90s, silly :rolleyes:.

This album is 3/5 at best, very, very annoying when people lash out at any justified criticism and play the 'you're stuck in the 90's' card. There is plenty of quality Hip-Hop around these days. This album isn't really some of it, though. It's good in parts, bad in others, criticism is justified.

Firstly I'm not saying I thought the album was great or that Eminem is the GOAT or anything along those lines. Ever since Recovery I have seen a massive wave of comments on the internet saying they dislike Eminem since he got of drugs and sorted his life out.

I bought the album and was disappointed, well I didn't expect anything amazing but it was pretty average imo. I realise not everyone who criticises Eminem is stuck in the 90s, you've just taken that out of context. I don't need to listen to mmlp either because I've had it since the year it came out, I'm not a die hard stan Eminem fan he worships everything he does so don't try make out like I am....
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jack-1)
Firstly I'm not saying I thought the album was great or that Eminem is the GOAT or anything along those lines. Ever since Recovery I have seen a massive wave of comments on the internet saying they dislike Eminem since he got of drugs and sorted his life out.

I bought the album and was disappointed, well I didn't expect anything amazing but it was pretty average imo. I realise not everyone who criticises Eminem is stuck in the 90s, you've just taken that out of context. I don't need to listen to mmlp either because I've had it since the year it came out, I'm not a die hard stan Eminem fan he worships everything he does so don't try make out like I am....
But nobody said anything about Eminem getting off drugs on this thread. They just said the album was crap. If that wasn't in response to any comment in the thread, then fair enough (although that 'stuck in the 90's comment is v. weird). But 9 times out of 10 someone will just call you a Hip-Hop snob when you criticise Eminem.

Either that or they'll call you a 'hater'.
Bromaldehyde
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
none

eminem sucks now, charty and generic as ****
jack-1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But nobody said anything about Eminem getting off drugs on this thread. They just said the album was crap. If that wasn't in response to any comment in the thread, then fair enough (although that 'stuck in the 90's comment is v. weird). But 9 times out of 10 someone will just call you a Hip-Hop snob when you criticise Eminem.

Either that or they'll call you a 'hater'.
I've never hated on someone or been hated on for criticising Eminem. He's latest music has been whack, but everywhere on the internet people are saying it's because he's off drugs and that he should get back on them which is ridiculous. My answer my be half assed I'm watching Froch Groves fight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (455)
30.74%
The paper was reasonable (578)
39.05%
Not feeling great about that exam... (249)
16.82%
It was TERRIBLE (198)
13.38%

Watched Threads