MSc from Singapore. Watch

Aneel123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Heyyy everyone.

I need help please
I'm planning to apply for MSc International Political Economy in NTU Singapore. Firstly what exactly are the career prospects after this degree and how is the Singapore job market for international students? Secondly is it hard to get acceptance from NTU. What is the criteria?

Thank you
polscistudent88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have not direct experience in NTU (others will likely have), but I know it is a very good university, and very well-reputed.

The career prospects depend much on you: do you want to proceed on further studies or research (PhD)? Do you want to be employed in international organizations? Do you want to work in financial institutions? To become a journalist? Prospects change depending on your own interests (and what you consequently do aside your MSc).

Be aware that Singapore has many international links, and they will then have many international students applying... Then guess acceptance is quite competitive.

If you like the MSc (you might already know) you might also consider doing a double degree option with the University of Warwick (it takes two years, though).
Aneel123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know admission is hard. But i believe its harder in NUS. So i'm planning for NTU instead. It is also less expensive. Any idea what exacty is the acceptance criteria? I want to compete my degree in one year.
One more question: International students who graduate from SG universities, can they find jobs in singapore?
polscistudent88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do not precisely know what is the admission criteria... But I guess it just works the same way as any other department. Indeed, in the websites they indicate academic performance, English language tests, statement of purpose, writing sample, references and experiences of the candidate. Then I do not know how these materials are weighted... In general terms reference letters, transcripts and writing samples are much evaluated (again, I do not know precisely about NTU RSIS).

For what concerns career possibilities, I guess there are opportunities for students that performed well during the MSc. In Singapore there are also many financial institutions that might offer internships. However your chances will depend on your CV and past academic (and non-academic) experiences...

Good luck with your application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (32)
22.86%
The paper was reasonable (59)
42.14%
Not feeling great about that exam (27)
19.29%
It was TERRIBLE (22)
15.71%

Watched Threads