Miguzis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I hope one of you can help my.

I just got the message that I failed in on exam (Economics) second time and can not get the Master degree. At the same time I got the mark on my dissertation.

I did MBA one year. They do not give my other possibility to finish the university. I can not do again exam or MBA program.

What can you suggest to do in my situation?

Thanks.
musketeer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Appeal, that's all you can do. What result did you get on the Economics exam?
CEKTOP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Miguzis)
Hi, I hope one of you can help my.

I just got the message that I failed in on exam (Economics) second time and can not get the Master degree. At the same time I got the mark on my dissertation.

I did MBA one year. They do not give my other possibility to finish the university. I can not do again exam or MBA program.

What can you suggest to do in my situation?

Thanks.
Give up on the idea of higher education.

Posted from TSR Mobile
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Moved to Postgraduate

(Original post by CEKTOP)
Give up on the idea of higher education.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Give that it's a postgraduate degree, so the OP presumably has a degree already.

But even if it were the OP's first degree, why would failing a course mean they need to "give up" on Higher Education full stop?
CEKTOP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Moved to Postgraduate

Give that it's a postgraduate degree, so the OP presumably has a degree already.

But even if it were the OP's first degree, why would failing a course mean they need to "give up" on Higher Education full stop?
Failing a course twice means that you're not interested in the course, therefore there is no need to pursue the degree.
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can you pay to retake that one module?

I had real difficulty with my statistics module (working full time, bad teacher, health problems, a complete lack of interest in stats) and screwed up the retake. The university allowed me to take that extra module in the next semester, I passed it (better teacher!) and ta-da, I have my MSc.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CEKTOP)
Failing a course twice means that you're not interested in the course, therefore there is no need to pursue the degree.
A specific degree, perhaps, though no mention is made of mitigating circumstances and we can all have off days. Besides, I don't agree. I "failed" a module in my BA twice (officially I didn't fail it at all, but this is only a technicality due to mitigating circumstances) yet I still achieved a 2:1 and an academic prize for outstanding achievement.

But you didn't say give up on the degree. You said he should give up on Higher Education.
sj27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by musketeer)
Appeal, that's all you can do. What result did you get on the Economics exam?

(Original post by Ice_Queen)
Can you pay to retake that one module?

I had real difficulty with my statistics module (working full time, bad teacher, health problems, a complete lack of interest in stats) and screwed up the retake. The university allowed me to take that extra module in the next semester, I passed it (better teacher!) and ta-da, I have my MSc.
I realise different unis have different rules, but it's quite common I believe that if you fail an exam twice (at postgrad) you cannot take it again, and for many you have to pass all modules to pass the degree; of course these are not universal rules. It depends entirely on what the rules for this MBA at this particular uni are.
musketeer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sj27)
I realise different unis have different rules, but it's quite common I believe that if you fail an exam twice (at postgrad) you cannot take it again, and for many you have to pass all modules to pass the degree; of course these are not universal rules. It depends entirely on what the rules for this MBA at this particular uni are.

I think you're right. I wasn't saying appeal to retake the exam, I was saying appeal the marks to see if the marks can be brought up to a pass.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads