Pharmacy 2014 please help! Watch

Mary salz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys! I am applying to study pharmacy in: Brighton (ABB), Hertfordshire(ABB), Reading(AAB), Liverpool John Moores(BBB) and Kingston(ABB/BBB). However, I am in "year 14" as I had to redo year 12. I am a little bit worried. I did my AS levels in 2012 and I got DEUU. but this was a point in my life that was very hard. but I just redid my AS last year and I got BBBC but I am predicted ABB. and I am just wondering if the unis will penalise me against this. My persona statement is pretty solid and I did mention this to my teacher writing my refrence. PLEASE HELP ME! will I get any offers?
g.k.galloway
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mary salz)
Hey guys! I am applying to study pharmacy in: Brighton (ABB), Hertfordshire(ABB), Reading(AAB), Liverpool John Moores(BBB) and Kingston(ABB/BBB). However, I am in "year 14" as I had to redo year 12. I am a little bit worried. I did my AS levels in 2012 and I got DEUU. but this was a point in my life that was very hard. but I just redid my AS last year and I got BBBC but I am predicted ABB. and I am just wondering if the unis will penalise me against this. My persona statement is pretty solid and I did mention this to my teacher writing my refrence. PLEASE HELP ME! will I get any offers?
Hello Mary salz,
I don't know much about pharmacy so I can't help you too much but when you say 'point in my life that was very hard' does that mean you qualified for extenuating circumstances? If so then I don't believe it will matter (contact the unis to make sure).
However, I don't know that much so I will bump this thread and hopefully someone else can help you a bit more!!
demetria
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally I'd email the uni's or ring them up before you send it off and just explain your circumstances to them and ask if they would still give you a higher offer or the normal non-resit offer. They usually do ask for higher grades if you've resat but if you really were having a hard time get your referee to talk about it quite a bit and maybe drop it in your personal statement and then hopefully if they do see it as an 'extenuating circumstance' and offer you the same grades.

Once you've got to there, well I think it's very possible a BBB can be pulled up to an ABB with a lot of hard work and dropping the fourth subject so I don't think you'll have a problem at those ABB uni's, pulling up BBB to AAB is much harder though but you're only applying to one AAB uni so if you really want to go there then I think it's worth the risk
Mary salz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you very much guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed