Moving Out at 16? Watch

lyseden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm not going to go into detail of my home situation, apart from the fact it is not ideal and makes my mental and physical health compromised. Social services are involved but they're kinda like 'no-point-because-you're-almost-16' so I'm very stuck. CAMHS and my nurse are very supportive of me moving out as they think I'm fully capable of looking after myself, of course it will be extremely difficult but I think it would be the best course of action.

However, I really am unsure where to go from here. I'm 16 in a few months, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experiences with accomodation at this age. One possibility is social services funding it when I'm 16, but everything is rather up in the air and would be interested to hear some advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you spoke to shelter or the council? You also need to consider how you're going to support yourself financially too.
lyseden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by OU Student)
Have you spoke to shelter or the council? You also need to consider how you're going to support yourself financially too.
Shelter is for 16+ unfortunately. I haven't even thought about ringing the council so I may do that tomorrow

Yes I know, jobs are sparse round here so I'm very stuck :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (184)
29.87%
The paper was reasonable (250)
40.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
17.53%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
12.01%

Watched Threads