Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I'm having to suspend my stuides for personal and health reasons. I have a contract for my accomondation that i am tied into. I am moving back home for the year. Is there anyway I can still get my student fiance to cover the rent. I haven't done any re-sit years.

    any feedback would help

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

    We do not normally fund a student beyond their last date of attendance.

    However, the Student Support Regulations do allow for discretion to continue paying support if you have suspended due to exceptional circumstances. E.g. if you are unable to work or claim benefits after leaving your course. Or if you have suspended your course due to medical reasons or pregnancy.

    In these instances you must provide evidence of your medical condition/pregnancy for consideration. Until evidence is received we will treat you as a normal suspended student and not award any additional funding.


University open days

  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.