The Student Room Group

Hongkong Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Hi guys! I've applied for CU architecture and hasn't got a reply yet.:frown: Has anyone received offers or interviews from CU?
I JUST got a rejection from CUHK for Law. :frown: Sad...do you think they are still considering my 2nd and 3rd choice? Or is that it for CUHK?

And did anyone hear back from CUHK law too?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pinkmemetchi
I JUST got a rejection from CUHK for Law. :frown: Sad...do you think they are still considering my 2nd and 3rd choice? Or is that it for CUHK?

Sorry to hear that :frown: Did you not get "waitlisted or reserved"?
Nope. :frown: this is what the email says: "we have decided not to make you an offer. There are only a restricted number of places, and competition is very fierce."

But on the online application my status is still "under consideration". Weird- maybe it'll change later.
Nope. :frown: this is what the email says: "we have decided not to make you an offer. There are only a restricted number of places, and competition is very fierce."

But on the online application my status is still "under consideration". Weird- maybe it'll change later.

Same to me. The status should be fine, cause we are still reserved. What are your other choices?
Does anyone know what the resume for HKUST is about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruane.Kwan
Same to me. The status should be fine, cause we are still reserved. What are your other choices?

Do you mean you also received a rejection from CUHK Law?
My 2nd choice is Hotel and Tourism Management
3rd is Integrated BBA.

What about you? BTW, and are you an IB student? What are your predicted grades? And are you submitting as Local non-JUPAS? or Non-Local non-JUPAS?
Reply 347

I‘m really sorry to hear that...but Law is very oversubscribed in HK :frown:
Good luck on the other universities! :wink:
CUHK Law is already a lot less competitive since it's a relatively new programme.
Reply 349
Original post by clh_hilary
CUHK Law is already a lot less competitive since it's a relatively new programme.

Indeed, HKU's law is a lot more competitive, but after all it's still Law...and Law is very popular in Hong Kong :redface:
Original post by devils
Indeed, HKU's law is a lot more competitive, but after all it's still Law...and Law is very popular in Hong Kong :redface:

City University's less competitive I believe.
Reply 351
Has anybody received any news from engineering/quantitative finance cuhk? A friend of mine applied for the fast track but he also have not receive any news from them
Reply 352
Just got video interview for BBA at HKUST
Do you mean you also received a rejection from CUHK Law?
My 2nd choice is Hotel and Tourism Management
3rd is Integrated BBA.

What about you? BTW, and are you an IB student? What are your predicted grades? And are you submitting as Local non-JUPAS? or Non-Local non-JUPAS?

Yes, CUHK LAW. 2nd choice Global Econ and Finance, 3rd choice Quantitative finance. Yes I am in the IB, PG: 39/42. Local Non-Jupas.
What's your PG? Thank you.
Yes, CUHK LAW. 2nd choice Global Econ and Finance, 3rd choice Quantitative finance. Yes I am in the IB, PG: 39/42. Local Non-Jupas.

My Predicted grade is 40.
Did you get an offer from CUHK Law?

Did you get an offer from Global Economics? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My Predicted grade is 40.
Did you get an offer from CUHK Law?

40/42 or 40/45? (bonus points included)?
NO, I was rejected too.
Original post by poydtreechada
Did you get an offer from Global Economics? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No interview, no offer.
40 including 3 bonus points. You? Does yours include bonus?
40 including 3 bonus points. You? Does yours include bonus?

NO, my school doesn't do it. That's why I said 39/42. SO basically you are 37/42?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending