Boots Advantage Card? Watch

nathanvh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey,

I had a thought and i wondered if it would work.

If you spent say £200 on boots own brand products, and used your advantage card, you would collect £20 worth of points (10 for every £1) which on the boots website says would be credited immediately to your card if you buy in store. So what would stop you spending the £20 collected through points on anything you need and just returning the original £200 worth of stuff straight away?

anybody know if they have anything in place to stop this?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's 4 points per pound unless you have one of those 200 points for spending £20 coupons.
nathanvh
Rep:
?
(Original post by OU Student)
It's 4 points per pound unless you have one of those 200 points for spending £20 coupons.
regardless of whether its 4 or 10 (10 for people over 60) would it work?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nathanvh)
regardless of whether its 4 or 10 (10 for people over 60) would it work?
I doubt it. I was in a situation where I bought something vis Boots Treat Street and because I returned it, I had the points removed.
nathanvh
Rep:
?
yes but what im saying is what if you spend the points before you return the original items, then they can't remove the points...
Bronco2012
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yes but what im saying is what if you spend the points before you return the original items, then they can't remove the points...
They would reject the refund probably.
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you refund something bought on points then the points get taken off the card. If you've already spent the points you have to return whatever it is was purchased with them, which a manager can bring up on the tills, or pay for it there using either cash, gift card, valid vouchers etc.

It's all controlled by computers so just flashes up autmomatically to the till operator.

In terms of the legal side it's all in the Advantage Card T&Cs, which are huge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (133)
24.95%
The paper was reasonable (235)
44.09%
Not feeling great about that exam (102)
19.14%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.82%

Watched Threads