(Original post by Elena234)
    Help choosing A-levels???
    I've narrowed it down to:
    -biology
    -psychology
    -sociology
    -law
    but what are they like...? :/
    I've done law personally although I didn't find it that hard mostly because I had a top teacher who gave so many resources. There is alot to learn however so if you have a good memory then its not too complex. As for psychology apparently there is also alot to learn. Biology tough subject obviously and sociology I haven't a clue. If you have any questions on law a level feel free to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Elena234)
    Help choosing A-levels???
    I've narrowed it down to:
    -biology
    -psychology
    -sociology
    -law
    but what are they like...? :/
    Biology is great, it's so enjoyable as it's just so interesting! Definitely better at A level than GCSE There's a fair bit to memorise but put the effort in and you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you need to be good at memorising for biology and psychology- there's lots to remember

ReputationRep:
    You're in your prime age-wise. You should be more worried about men.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is a lot of work, people go in thinking it will be a doddle (because it's considered a 'soft subject') and end up failing the January exam. I'm not sure about the others, but with psychology, go in with a good work ethic (you should do it with all your A levels) and prepare to remember a lot of case studies. But it's a really great and rewarding A level, I really enjoyed AS, so I'm sure you will too!

ReputationRep:
    I can only speak for Biology
    Some aspects of it are really interesting, although the key to success is a very good memory, which kinds of puts me off a bit as you don't really engage into the subject. I also think it depends on your teachers a lot, I've got two teachers, one which I absolutely hate and the other one is such a good teacher, that I remember most stuff from lessons, so they cancel out and somehow I can manage. It's the easiest out of all sciences as mostly it only requires memorisation, but on the other, much more interesting side there is quite a lot experiments included!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much guys, I think I will go for biology and psychology and I think reconsider law haha 😊👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We've been told at our school that only take law if we're not going to do a degree in it (which sounds strange) as universities don't like it because you can't apply the knowledge learnt at a level during the degree. I haven't looked into law neither am I interested in law, this is just what we were told.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.