Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    4 nights a week. Different guy every night....was that in Glasgow? ha ha.

(Original post by slackerbeeatch)
    my flatmate in first year went out 4 nights a week minimum and brought a different guy home each night. my other flatmate is still a virgin (we are all finished 4th year now).

it depends on the person not uni. its just easier to get laid at uni cos theres more people of a similar age and more choice, generally contained in the same place. also why there are more parties - your mates are close and theres no parents to piss off
    it is easier for girls to pull though as the general boy to girl ratio is usually greater.....

i also think, there is a bit of a reputation, but that don't mean that if you sit there and do nothing that you will still get a shag, you gave to try for it obviously!!!

bumpage

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous]it is easier for girls to pull though as the general boy to girl ratio is usually greater.....

[QUOTE]

actually one would suppose that the opposite is true given that more girls go to uni and the male to female ratio is therefore often in favour of the male. (unless you were talkin about the general population which is about 50/50)

[QUOTE=stoney][QUOTE=Anonymous]it is easier for girls to pull though as the general boy to girl ratio is usually greater.....

actually one would suppose that the opposite is true given that more girls go to uni and the male to female ratio is therefore often in favour of the male. (unless you were talkin about the general population which is about 50/50)
    You're right - unless you're at Loughburough, or I think, the Royal College of Agriculture, there are more girls than guys at Uni.

There're cultural factors though, that make it easier for a girl to pull.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=alasdair_R][QUOTE=stoney]
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it is easier for girls to pull though as the general boy to girl ratio is usually greater.....

You're right - unless you're at Loughburough, or I think, the Royal College of Agriculture, there are more girls than guys at Uni.

There're cultural factors though, that make it easier for a girl to pull.
    yeah there are the cultural factors but i bet at uni some of the social roles will break down somewhat because men become a scant resource and women cant afford to be so picky. the men can afford to take the role of the selective sex.

[QUOTE=stoney][QUOTE=alasdair_R]
    (Original post by stoney)

yeah there are the cultural factors but i bet at uni some of the social roles will break down somewhat because men become a scant resource and women cant afford to be so picky. the men can afford to take the role of the selective sex.
    Yeah, but the ratio's are nowhere near enough for that to be the case. Maybe on campus, student-only nights, but in town, the discrepancy will be negligable.

ReputationRep:
    It's easier for girls because if men are really forward they can scare some women off, as they think the guy might try to push for more than the girl is comfortable with.

But if a girl wants to have sex, she probably doesn't have to try with more than 3 guys until someone bites.

(Original post by shady lane)
    It's easier for girls because if men are really forward they can scare some women off, as they think the guy might try to push for more than the girl is comfortable with.

But if a girl wants to have sex, she probably doesn't have to try with more than 3 guys until someone bites.
    Indeed - viz. the cultural factors I mentioned earlier.

ReputationRep:
    yes I am naive, but what if I don't want to have sex at all with anyone in college but wouldn't mind a relationship? I get the impression that guys would push me for sex and I don't want that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    yes I am naive, but what if I don't want to have sex at all with anyone in college but wouldn't mind a relationship? I get the impression that guys would push me for sex and I don't want that.
    I'm like that too. I'm teetotal and the whole club scene doesn't suit me either, I'm hoping it won't relegate me to being a social outcast. I know that meeting people, how you are perceived during university is what you make of it, and that there will be likeminded people, however it would appear they aren't so common and may be more difficult to find.

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine that, although the opportunity for sex is greatly increased (lots of free time, own room etc), people who usually struggle to get laid are not going to suddenly develop superhuman pulling powers and girls who are usually reserved are not going to start dropping their pants for any guy who chats them up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1013)
    I would imagine that, although the opportunity for sex is greatly increased (lots of free time, own room etc), people who usually struggle to get laid are not going to suddenly develop superhuman pulling powers and girls who are usually reserved are not going to start dropping their pants for any guy who chats them up!
    Oh. well, I plan on selling pills at freshers week that just have that ability.

Psychosomatic effects + Paracetamol never went so well together.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=alasdair_R]You're right - unless you're at Loughburough, or I think, the Royal College of Agriculture, there are more girls than guys at Uni.QUOTE]

Im going to Imperial College London and the ratio is like 65:35 male to female :eek:

Im hoping most of the other guys will be nerdy computer types (offers are all AAA, AAB) so there wont be as much competition

I think not having parents to worry about will make a huge difference

ReputationRep:
    going to imperial as well, but doesnt worry me to much my girlfriend is going to KCL or LSE so unless something drastic happens (she doesnt get in ) ill be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Sex shmex. I'm not bothered about the whole uni stereotype My boyfriend isn't going to the same uni as me but I'm seeing him every other weekend, friday to sunday, so I certainly won't be missing out
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm at Uni and i have never once been tempted to have sex with any girl there, besides i'm happy with my girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    I'm at Uni and i have never once been tempted to have sex with any girl there, besides i'm happy with my girlfriend.
    Aww that's nice, good for you

(Original post by bunthulhu)
    so I certainly won't be missing out
    Except on a real Uni experience...

And I don't mean the sex - I mean the fact that it sounds like you're gonna be off every weekend to see your boyfriend rather than making friends at Uni.

I'm a firm believe in not going to Uni with an other half...

ReputationRep:
    I have a whole 2 weeks inbetween to spend with my friends. I think I'll cope

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2006
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.