uni students - sex Watch

Alasdair
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bunthulhu)
I have a whole 2 weeks inbetween to spend with my friends. I think I'll cope
It's less about the practical element than that it sets you apart from other people.
I'm just saying in my experience, people who came to Uni with boyfriends or girlfriends had a harder time integrating, in some part because they spent a lot of time away, or holed up in their room...
bunthulhu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Okay, that's fine I've never had a problem making friends and certainly don't plan to spend all my time 'holed up in my room'!
David Healy is God
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My girlfriend is at Strathclyde in Glasgow and I'm at UUJ in Northern Ireland. We only get to see each other during the holidays and the odd weekend but we make it work.

Sex is everywhere at uni - if you want it you'll get it, if you don't you won't.
stoney
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by strawberry)
yes I am naive, but what if I don't want to have sex at all with anyone in college but wouldn't mind a relationship? I get the impression that guys would push me for sex and I don't want that.
yeah i can understand that, even though the male to female ratio is in favour of the males i feel as though i'd have to do the whole club scene thing (which i hate). If you met a girl in a club she'd just expect you to take her back for sex and I'm not sure i'd want that (i'd much rather get to know someone first than just pull a randomer for the sake).
zav
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alasdair_R)
It's less about the practical element than that it sets you apart from other people.
I'm just saying in my experience, people who came to Uni with boyfriends or girlfriends had a harder time integrating, in some part because they spent a lot of time away, or holed up in their room...
I would say that’s a rubbish statement, sorry if that sounds harsh.

Just because you have a gf or bf does not mean you will be more socially isolated. Generally i would say the opposite, as you are not trying to pull the opposite sex but your just making friends. It makes things a lot easier when you meet somebody as a friend and you both have gf's or bf's.

Does not stop you meeting single people either so i really don't see how it makes much difference.

About sex at uni, if you go looking for it you will find it but not if you go out "LOOKING" for it. was weird cause only two of us had gf and we got approached more as we did not look like we were trying to shag anyone we could find (cause we weren’t) so go out have fun and things will happen if you want them too.
so_this_is_sam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow, bring on university i say lol
Alasdair
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by stoney)
yeah i can understand that, even though the male to female ratio is in favour of the males i feel as though i'd have to do the whole club scene thing (which i hate). If you met a girl in a club she'd just expect you to take her back for sex and I'm not sure i'd want that (i'd much rather get to know someone first than just pull a randomer for the sake).
There's also the chance that you haven't been to the right clubs yet? Where I lived before I came to Uni (Royal Leamington Spa, if you must know), the club scene is pretty dire*, so I was never really into it.

Then I came to Uni in Brighton, and realised that there were clubs that played rock music, indie music, dance music, pop music, jazz music, latin american music, bhangra music, and on and on and on...

So rather than having to deal with crappy chavtastic Friday nights with crappy cheese, I could go to a decent student indie night, or a sophisticaded jazz night or whatever.

Don't be too quick to write off 'the club scene' until you've looked at more than just you're average Friday or Saturday night that most 17 year olds will have experienced.

* = excepting, of course, Sugar on a Tuesday - all you Warwick students know what I mean!
zav
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by stoney)
You can meet girls in clubs and not give off that impression. If you just have a chat and a laugh and then maybe just exchange numbers and say it would be nice to go out for a coffee sometime or something.

As long as your friendly and not to pervy and forward i think some girls will be ok with that. Some might be a bit less confident might still think you are trying to get laid that night but meh, you can't always win.
stoney
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I came to Uni in Brighton, and realised that there were clubs that played rock music, indie music, dance music, pop music, jazz music, latin american music, bhangra music, and on and on and on...

So rather than having to deal with crappy chavtastic Friday nights with crappy cheese, I could go to a decent student indie night, or a sophisticaded jazz night or whatever.

Don't be too quick to write off 'the club scene' until you've looked at more than just you're average Friday or Saturday night that most 17 year olds will have experienced.

some of those places sound cool, yeah perhps i was talking a little too generally but i was specifically refering to the chav/trendy club type places.
dhokes
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
* = excepting, of course, Sugar on a Tuesday - all you Warwick students know what I mean!
can you explain plz to those that might be goin there in september e.g. me?
Alasdair
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dhokes)
can you explain plz to those that might be goin there in september e.g. me?
Sugar is a club in Leamington, and Tuesday's is their Student night. It's the biggest student night in town, although not the only one any more, I don't think.
It's particularly good near the beginning and end of term, because all us Leamington types are back from Uni and the Warwick lot are still around, so it's doubleplusgood...
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my naive question is: would I be pressured into sleeping with a boyfriend if I have one in university, even though I'd put my foot down in the beginning that I am saving myself for marriage?
Alasdair
Report 12 years ago
my naive question is: would I be pressured into sleeping with a boyfriend if I have one in university, even though I'd put my foot down in the beginning that I am saving myself for marriage?
Simple answer to that one - don't save yourself for marriage, save yourself for when you're ready, whever you decide you want to.

And how are we supposed to make a blanket assertion for every guy out there? Some will pressure you, some won't - it's up to you to find out which is which.
Caribou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ulitmately, you have the final decision.

Oh.. and I'm planning on being at uni with no sex (expcept when my gf visits on the weekends).. she's a 2 hour drive away but thats fine. I'm sure going to uni and still being in a relationship won't be too much of an issue; and i still drink, so not like i'll be a total social outcast :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The-Lennon)
depends what uni you go to...... the higher up the league tables..... the more work they do... so less sex. And thats a fact that was printed in the guardian
Actually that probably has an elemt of truth in, especially since I've seen fellow students fall asleep in the library approaching exams. Mind you, this was a university where students are really known to work like as if their life depended on it.
Alasdair
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Actually that probably has an elemt of truth in, especially since I've seen fellow students fall asleep in the library approaching exams. Mind you, this was a university where students are really known to work like as if their life depended on it.
Meh, I'm at (well, strictly speaking, 'went to', as of last week) Sussex, where we're not really known to work like nutters, and the amount of people in the computer rooms at 4 am in the run up to dissertation deadlines was huge too...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Meh, I'm at (well, strictly speaking, 'went to', as of last week) Sussex, where we're not really known to work like nutters, and the amount of people in the computer rooms at 4 am in the run up to dissertation deadlines was huge too...
Yeah I guess it happens a fair bit elsewhere.
Clarence
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Any stories about Glasgow.......not saying I'm a sex maniac but you know. We all want some once in a while.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, but STDs??
erk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Yeah, but STDs??
they're like an accessory nowadays, innit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (16)
94.12%
No (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads