Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
EmmaJaneTaylor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe she was just busy and you're completely overthinking this?
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't mention it, it may come across as clingy, I'm afraid. Perhaps she's just been busy, or she could be doing the whole "playing hard to get"

Posted from TSR Mobile
xOHarriet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe she was at work/in class? Or isn't interested? If you're gunna call her up on it make sure it sounds like a joke- don't want to be THAT guy
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, there is very little to think about.

If you think that she isn't that interested and she continually replies late then don't reply.

If this is a one off then reply as normal.

Just don't stare at the phone waiting for a reply.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She could simply be busy.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aaaarroonnn)
The girl I like has just replied, after 8 hours. Should I reply like nothing has happened or call her up on it? She seems to think ignoring me is a game :dontknow:
Umpteen reasons why. Some people are just crap at checking their phones, I often take hours to reply to people it doesn't mean I don't want to talk to them. Asking someone why they haven't replied, unless it's something urgent and you need a response, is very clingy and unnecessary.
aaaarroonnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmmaJaneTaylor)
Maybe she was just busy and you're completely overthinking this?
It's quite well a possibility; I have a habit of doing that, but I know for a fact she's had the opportunity to reply
EmmaJaneTaylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aaaarroonnn)
It's quite well a possibility; I have a habit of doing that, but I know for a fact she's had the opportunity to reply
Stop overthinking - I'm sure she had her reasons! You don't want to be too clingy or desperate and scare her off.
aaaarroonnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by xOHarriet)
Maybe she was at work/in class? Or isn't interested? If you're gunna call her up on it make sure it sounds like a joke- don't want to be THAT guy
I'm probably just overthinking things, but I know she's had chance before now to reply. Oh of course, wasn't going to make a big deal about it. I assume she's interested, her sister said so.. Get mixed signals like hell though
TonksLupin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As for her being interested,it seem to but mere hearsay at the moment(so don't get into the does she,doesn't she game yet),and yes,coming from my rather neurotic and paranoid mind,you are over thinking things.This almost always ends up ruining things(counting two failed dating situations because of similar situations to this so I know what I'm taking about)

Although it is understandable as you like her,so there is some emotional 'investment' involved,which can make things more complicated...I would wait a little bit before replying,with something open ended,i.e to segue into a conversation. See where it goes from there,but most importantly,once you've done that,keep busy,whether reading threads on here,articles online,watching some sitcom..as focusing all your energy on your phone and her answer isn't healthy.(Also if this does 'go somewhere' you want to rein these thought patterns in now)
Fenrirs_space
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Try knowing someone who can take days to reply. Seriously, 'don't' over-think it...she could be busy, phone might be on silent & she hasn't checked it yet, phone might be off, might have read it & put it aside for later but forgot (i.e. busy), might just not like texting, might have ran out of battery, might be somewhere else & didn't take her phone with her, might just not want to talk to you (), message might not have been delivered (unlikely but possible, I've had it happen with messages sent to me at times), she might have typed a reply but forgot/miss pressed send...a million and one possibilities

The only thing you can be sure of is that you pressed send on your phone (you 'did' press send, right? )
Spongebob'sPants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Call her up on it? why?

There isnt some law or rule as to how quickly one should reply to a message.

If she isn't replying quick enough, you're better off just accepting she isnt interested. Or that its her nature to take her sweet time in replying.

She isnt your girlfriend...she is simply a girl you like. Calling her up on it wont help you out at all.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hate it when people think they can "call people on it" when they reply late. It's up to them when they reply. Believe it or not, some people don't sit by their phone the whole time, and if she doesn't want to reply to you right away then why should she? At least she replied at all.

Sometimes I get texts when I'm watching something on TV, or when I'm out shopping and think "oh I'll reply later" and then I'll forget, or something else will come up.. It really annoys me when people say something to me if I don't text back, unless it was about something urgent.
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know one who takes weeks to reply :lol:

She's either busy, forgot, not interested or haven't seen it yet..
Tridentus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
never never never never call her up on things like this..

you want to be the guy who looks at his phone and goes "oh nice.. she's replied- lets reply back and then get on with my life", not the guy who checks his phone every 5mins and then acts subtly needy in his response.

probably wait at least a couple of hours before replying too..
Knighted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tridentus)
probably wait at least a couple of hours before replying too..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Seriously EVERYONE put a stop to thinking like this. Reply to her in the speed that you want to reply to her. Instigating games just leads to further games.

Have you ever considered not over thinking things like a 10kb text message that she will most likely not consider as important as you do. If she did, trust me, you'd know.

Instead of analyzing things that really don't matter why not inform her that you're interested then she will know.

Seriously all this sitting at home wondering if she likes you back or not will get you nowhere. Be a ****ing man and tell her. She will certainly appreciate the confidence you show by doing this, even if she isn't currently interested she will probably give you a chance and thus GET HER INTERESTED!!!

p.s. when you're banging her or in a relationship. Trust me, you will want the texts to ****ing stop.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You are what they called 'Whipped'.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just to reiterate what practically everyone else has already said: DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT mention this to her. For one, there is no cool way of talking about it, and also plenty of people take hours to reply. My ex would never reply for hours, it wasn't because he didn't like me, he was just crap at checking his phone. It's no biggie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads