How much do I write?? Watch

rubydaley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm meant to be doing an English Edexcel past paper for homework and I'm worried about spending too much/little time on each question. How much would I need to write for a 16 or 24 mark question?
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rubydaley)
I'm meant to be doing an English Edexcel past paper for homework and I'm worried about spending too much/little time on each question. How much would I need to write for a 16 or 24 mark question?
:wavey: Welcome to the site! You're unlikely to find help for this in the Welcome Lounge - that forum is just for people to introduce themselves rather than asking other questions. I've moved your thread to the Study Help forums, where you should be able to find others who can help you.
ChocoholicCox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rubydaley)
25 mins for 16 mark and 35 mins for 24 marks.
Student_27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A 16/24 mark question is an essay essentially, well it is, so you need to write plenty in order to gain the marks.

This would definitely be over a full page (both sides of A4 lined). I write 12 markers in Psychology at A level and write over 2 pages sometimes! (But that's at A level)

As long as it's good quality and you've stated your point, explained it and given evidence for it then you should be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (133)
24.95%
The paper was reasonable (235)
44.09%
Not feeling great about that exam (102)
19.14%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.82%

Watched Threads