Turn on thread page Beta

Hi - please keep anon for obvious reasons.

As far as I'm concerned I haven't had sex since January however I've had pregnancy symptoms for the past month. I came off my depo jab in July which I wasn't bothered about as I haven't been seeing anybody. But I went out mid-october with work colleagues but decided to leave early. Anyway I have this period of zero memory from being in the club to deciding to leave, but not remembering leaving and suddenly being outside on my way to a taxi rank. It probably sounds really ridiculous but I'm being really paranoid.

So i took these boots tests, pic attached. You're supposed to get 1 vertical line in the control square (on the right) and no vertical line in the left box (the test box) if negative. On the other hand, you get 2 vertical lines if pos. But nowhere on the instructions does it mention horizontal lines and I'm getting mixed answers when I've searched online??? I think it's safe to ignore the horizontal line spreading into the control box as that seems to be an 'evaporation line'.

Any ideas? I'll be hysterical if it's positive. Probably going to make an appointment at my GPs just to be on the safe side.

Spoiler:
    Show
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clicking on the attachment link gets me to an error page.

I would consider showing the pictures to someone at Boots - there should be a space for private consultations with a pharmacist. Or do the instructions for the tests have a 'in case of queries, ring...' number?

There was no helpline or anything, although I checked the instructions after which said however that the pregnancy line result may vary in appearance. At that point I was freaking out, but I went to a family planning clinic today and got a negative result!

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.