The Student Room Group

how often do you eat ready meals or get takeaways?

I'm in my final year at uni and since the start of term I cant find the time, or energy to cook from scratch and probably get takeaway once a week or buy 2 or 3 ready meals to see me through!
Reply 1
can't remember the last time i had a ready meal, i've never bought one since moving out 6 months ago anyway. Probably get a takeway once a week at the most.
Reply 2
Usually get a takeaway every Friday/Saturday. Never eat ready meals.
takeaways, was having it 2/3 times a week the first few weeks of uni :colondollar: now im kind of dieting so been cutting them out :p: if you count pizza as ready meals i'll have them once or twice a week, i try to cook if i can :smile:
I haven't eaten a ready meal in 9 years.

At uni I lived off things I could make huge batches of then I just needed to heat it up. Finding a spare hour once or twice a week wasn't hard.
(edited 10 years ago)
Ready meals maybe once every few months, takeaways a couple of times a year (not counting McDonalds, have it once every two months or so)
I'm not at uni though, I would probably get more ready meals if I had to cook every day :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Takeaways - around maybe 2 per week. Maybe more if we're in the money lol
Ready meals - 4 times a week, mainly for the convenience since I am lazy
I get takeaway once a week at best, when my student loan can afford it! Also too much curry makes you fat, as the health shows on ITV tell you, and I believe them, yup :lolwut: !
Ready meals - almost never at uni. More at home tho (maybe 3 times a week, but they are normally the more healthy ones)

Takeaway - maybe once every 2 weeks at uni (including eating out). Every 1-2 weeks at home
I always crave a take away after a night out but they are just soooo baddd for you :frown:
I've started throwing a Taste Inc burger or sandwich in the microwave when I get in cos they are all under 500 Cals and still sort my craving :wink:
Reply 10
They're all I eat
Takeaways once every 3 or so weeks.
hardly. maybe 3 times a year
I had my first takeaway meal in like a month 2 days ago. :frown:
How I miss them...
Reply 14
takeaway a few times a month, dont eat ready meals
Ready meals never, they are too small and tasteless- I always do my meat or fish seperately from the rice/chips/potatoes. I do usually go for something easy to put in the oven though as I don't like actual cooking. Takeaway once a fortnight maybe at uni. No
Reply 16
Original post by joanna90
I'm in my final year at uni and since the start of term I cant find the time, or energy to cook from scratch and probably get takeaway once a week or buy 2 or 3 ready meals to see me through!

A similar amount to you - since starting teacher training (now in my first year of teaching) I like you just feel I don't have any energy left. When I cook I usually go for something very basic as well. Apart from in the holidays when I go crazy being able to cook all these amazing things! Well, they would be amazing if I could cook well lol. It also doesn't help that neither me or my partner drive and I begrudge paying for delivery, so we don't get to a big supermarket often.

However the ready meals I have are usually M&S and they are I think a bit better than the standard ones. At least, when you look at the ingredients they are all the things you would put in if you cooked the dish from scratch, rather than a load of things which you have no idea what they are for.

xxx
Original post by jelly1000
Ready meals never, they are too small and tasteless- I always do my meat or fish seperately from the rice/chips/potatoes. I do usually go for something easy to put in the oven though as I don't like actual cooking. Takeaway once a fortnight maybe at uni. No

You don't like cooking?! :shock:
I like to cook myself, it is the cleaning afterwards I hate!!! :angry:

I would gladly cook for anyone so long as they do the cleaning afterwards!
Original post by Scienceisgood
You don't like cooking?! :shock:
I like to cook myself, it is the cleaning afterwards I hate!!! :angry:

I would gladly cook for anyone so long as they do the cleaning afterwards!

It's so much effort, I can't chop things properly and I struggle when you have to cook different things in different ways for different times. Spagetti Bolognese is my idea of a nightmare dish to make.

Quick Reply

Latest