Software Engineering w/ Placement in Industry [BSc] Watch

ozzolins
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys..

I am considering applying for this degree at University of Manchester.

What are the chances to get accepted if I have average grade of 8.2 out of 10 (in 18 subjects and none of them are below 7) on diploma, with 9 out of 10 in IT exam and subject itself. I don't have UK diploma or A-levels, so maybe you can give me approximated idea what are the chances?

Apart from application, maybe there is someone who is currently studying this program. How much of a math (calculus) are there? How about free time compared to the studies? Currently I am studying Aerospace eng. in Netherlands and I have to study 24/7.. Not easy to live without free time at all, so I am decided to switch universities/courses...

Thank you in advance.
Padwas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ohh although completely not related to the thread I have a lot of questions to ask you may I post them
ozzolins
Rep:
?
I guess!?
Padwas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good here I go

Why software engineering
What do you do
If you didn't do it what other career would you choose
Do you want to spend the rest of your life in front of a screen coding

More soon
ozzolins
Rep:
?
Why software engineering Because I've learned some programming myself and I find it interesting. Plus growing demand of software engineers in the world. Can work anywhere all around the world.
What do you do Right now?Studying different subject right now which obviously is not for me.
If you didn't do it what other career would you choose I don't know. Commercial Aircraft pilot I guess, but because of health I can't afford that + expensive!
Do you want to spend the rest of your life in front of a screen coding I have some 3D and visual art skills so I'm thinking to combine everything together with software eng. Game industry maybe, who knows. But programming definitely seems like a subject worth studying. I like that this subject has a huge perspective in the future which is super important for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

How has 2019 been so far?