found out GF kissed one of my friends Watch

After7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically I just found out that she kissed one of my friends a year ago. This was before we got together so I might be overreacting but I just cant continue the relationship knowing that happened because it will always be in the back of my mind. If it was someone I didn't know I wouldn't care but the fact its someone I know makes it way worse.

How do I let her down gently? I still want to remain friends.
fogplaya
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really, really don't think you should break up with her. Talk it out perhaps? But if you're adamant, tell her straight, but not in an overtly blunt way; say something like "Look, I really don't think I can get past this, I'm sorry, but can we just be friends?" ???
aims890
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It was before you got together. She chose you to be with longterm.
tengentoppa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're going to dump him because she kissed someone you know before dating you? Flawed logic. Don't break up.
REASON_Lighters
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh so you're jealous that you didn't kiss your friend first.

OP don't worry your time will come <><
Spoiler:
Show
:troll
pandabird
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's a ridiculous reason to break up with her, you weren't even together!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dont break up considering it was before the pair of you got together

Posted from TSR Mobile
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Seriously. Over a kiss from a year ago. Not even sex? :lolwut:
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Everyone has a past.

At the end of the day, she's chosen you, not the other person.

Talk to her about it if you can't put it aside, but I doubt you have anything to worry about
Tai Ga
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol get over it. If you're getting pissy over this you're probably not mature enough to be in a relationship.
matt_g96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
grow some balls (jk dont worry about it; its fine)
lNurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha like u were virgin and never kissed anyone before her? It doesn't matter who she chose to kiss BEFORE you.
But I think you just wanted reason to break up, and here you go, nice tactic to start a fight and break up.

And I hate "let's be friends" thingy, why she should be your friend after u dump her for no reason?
Coral Reafs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by After7)
Basically I just found out that she kissed one of my friends a year ago. This was before we got together so I might be overreacting but I just cant continue the relationship knowing that happened because it will always be in the back of my mind. If it was someone I didn't know I wouldn't care but the fact its someone I know makes it way worse.

naw man, dis is b4 ur time, let it go.
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I don't get what the problem is? It was before you got together...
Lollyage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're an idiot and have no logical reason to break up with her. She could maybe do with putting you behind her though.
Damsel in distress
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lNurl)
Haha like u were virgin and never kissed anyone before her? It doesn't matter who she chose to kiss BEFORE you.
But I think you just wanted reason to break up, and here you go, nice tactic to start a fight and break up.

And I hate "let's be friends" thingy, why she should be your friend after u dump her for no reason?
I'm not agreeing with OP but you totally misunderstood; it's just really awkward for him to know that a friend of his, who I assume he's close to, and his girlfriend kissed. He isn't looking for a tactic.. Nobody really wants to imagine that and it can be a bit awkward although it is still not a sensible reason to breakup with someone you like.
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Damsel in distress)
I'm not agreeing with OP but you totally misunderstood; it's just really awkward for him to know that a friend of his, who I assume he's close to, and his girlfriend kissed. He isn't looking for a tactic.. Nobody really wants to imagine that and it can be a bit awkward although it is still not a sensible reason to breakup with someone you like.
I don't get how it's even slightly awkward...kissing is really not a big deal at all. My ex had slept with 2 of my mates before we got together and I've slept with one of my mates' fiancé. It's not a big deal and it never really comes up, only ever as a joke.
Damsel in distress
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
I don't get how it's even slightly awkward...kissing is really not a big deal at all. My ex had slept with 2 of my mates before we got together and I've slept with one of my mates' fiancé. It's not a big deal and it never really comes up, only ever as a joke.
I see your point and that's very mature of you and your mate and ex but.. not everyone feels the same way about everything. Perhaps it is a big deal for OP?
lNurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Damsel in distress)
I agree with LightBlueSoldier, It is not like you give out questionnaire to future bf/gf asking:

1. Have you ever slept/kissed/touch to any of my friends (Not knowing all of my friends is not a excuse)
2. Have you ever slept/kissed touch to a person who might be my future friend?

I don't think relationship should be like that to be honest:confused:
I also see how you think it is awkward to imagine, but he can somehow stop imagine that "scene". I really feel bad for the girl. Why she should be punished for no reason?
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

She's done nothing wrong...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (67)
21.75%
The paper was reasonable (135)
43.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (56)
18.18%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
16.23%

Watched Threads