The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Shut up. That was totally unhelpful.
I would like to know what happened to you and the girl?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 23 and my girlfriend is 21 and we have been together for one and a half years now. We love each other and get on very well together, but there is also a big problem.

I was always taught that when it comes to a relationship looks don't matter, that's it's all about the personality. I then wen't for a girl who is an awesome person but who I don't really find sexually attractive.

We've been together for long and now this has really started causing problems to our relationship. I get quite uncomfortable when we get intimate and have sex as I'm not really sexually attracted to her. She has also always been very insecure about her looks and has been telling me that I'm out of her league etc, which itself is quite a turnoff. I sometimes think about other fantasies when we have sex which makes it a little easier for me but I realise this is very wrong.

I love her regardless and we do have a good time together in general and both love eachother.

Can a realtionship work just based on being attracted to someone's personality? I am now a shallow person but I'm starting to learn that maybe you need to have that lust and passion to keep a relationship going.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Please don't just reply "Break up with her" etc, I would much rather hear a bit more if you think it can work or not or if you have experienced something like this yourself.

I read some of the responses you got and they don't really help.. I'm a girl myself so it will probably make it a little easier on how to try and help you with this. Maybe you should sit down with her and just say look I'm not feeling it as much as I used to, if it was me in that position I would want to be told so we could work it out. If you two spoke about it you could mention some things that you want to try with her? I've learned from past relationships it can get boring and repetitive and sometimes you just think your losing interest in that area but it could just be the way things are happening. Honestly just speak to her and be honest it will help
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 23 and my girlfriend is 21 and we have been together for one and a half years now. We love each other and get on very well together, but there is also a big problem.

I was always taught that when it comes to a relationship looks don't matter, that's it's all about the personality. I then wen't for a girl who is an awesome person but who I don't really find sexually attractive.

We've been together for long and now this has really started causing problems to our relationship. I get quite uncomfortable when we get intimate and have sex as I'm not really sexually attracted to her. She has also always been very insecure about her looks and has been telling me that I'm out of her league etc, which itself is quite a turnoff. I sometimes think about other fantasies when we have sex which makes it a little easier for me but I realise this is very wrong.

I love her regardless and we do have a good time together in general and both love eachother.

Can a realtionship work just based on being attracted to someone's personality? I am now a shallow person but I'm starting to learn that maybe you need to have that lust and passion to keep a relationship going.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Please don't just reply "Break up with her" etc, I would much rather hear a bit more if you think it can work or not or if you have experienced something like this yourself.

Is there someone else that has changed your mind about her? Maybe if you other girls that are more attractive then your gf you should just break up with her. What’s the point being in a relationship with someone who doesn’t satisfy..? How recently have these feelings been going on

Latest

Trending

Trending