Turn on thread page Beta

So I met my ex for the first time in a while when he decided to visit me at uni. I always regretted how things ended between us so i saw this as a second chance to put things right, maybe a chance at getting back together. I still had feelings for him so when I asked what this was for him and he said maybe a non emotionally involved casual relationship it broke my heart. I acted like it wasn't a big deal to me but made it clear that i couldn't do that. When i told him what i thought it was he just said he didn't want anything serious because he got out of a bad relationship and liked being single. I was the rebound i guess. Anyway he was perfect all weekend and was one of the best weekends of my life. I never slept with him because i knew it would just be too painful in the morning. When he left he kissed me and said 'I'll see you soon.' He texted me when he got home and that was it. I'm just so confused he acted like he was boyfriend but he doesn't want to be that. I think i'm still in love with him and all he's done is hurt me. What should i do? Should i wait for him to want to get serious? Or just try and forget him, moving on, as painful as that is because i know i'll never know a love like him again.

ReputationRep:
    Look, I know it's hard to admit it to yourself, but he has moved on. I know because you may still have feelings for him, you might think that he might change and get serious in the future, but don't bet on that. I don't know your ex so I can't really pass any judgement, but from what I see, I feel it's not really worth it. Move on, and be strong! I know it might feel hard right now, but you won't regret it. The reason you guys broke up in the first place was because something wasn't clicking and it wasn't meant to be.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Forget him and move on.

ReputationRep:
    'I don't want anything serious' = x
    'I want sex" = y

x = y

ReputationRep:
    You absolutely must move on. Don't imagine you won't ever love someone like that again - breaking up with someone you love is always like that, but I promise it gets better. Keep busy and stay positive, everything else will take care of itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I met my ex for the first time in a while when he decided to visit me at uni. I always regretted how things ended between us so i saw this as a second chance to put things right, maybe a chance at getting back together. I still had feelings for him so when I asked what this was for him and he said maybe a non emotionally involved casual relationship it broke my heart. I acted like it wasn't a big deal to me but made it clear that i couldn't do that. When i told him what i thought it was he just said he didn't want anything serious because he got out of a bad relationship and liked being single. I was the rebound i guess. Anyway he was perfect all weekend and was one of the best weekends of my life. I never slept with him because i knew it would just be too painful in the morning. When he left he kissed me and said 'I'll see you soon.' He texted me when he got home and that was it. I'm just so confused he acted like he was boyfriend but he doesn't want to be that. I think i'm still in love with him and all he's done is hurt me. What should i do? Should i wait for him to want to get serious? Or just try and forget him, moving on, as painful as that is because i know i'll never know a love like him again.
    It will be fun just do it girly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.