Friendship Watch

sadi16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What are your opinions on the concept that your best friends become your enemies and your enemies become your best friend. Ive had many ocassions when this is true, but do you think its just coincidence or theres a reason behind it
Posted from TSR Mobile
ckingalt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sadi16)
What are your opinions on the concept that your best friends become your enemies and your enemies become your best friend. Ive had many ocassions when this is true, but do you think its just coincidence or theres a reason behind it
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm assuming that you are quite young. I don't mean this to be patronizing. When you have reached a level of maturity in which your best friends are dictated by more than just the proximity or convenience, you will find that what you describe is much less common. If you have experienced such turnabout, it is because your friends and enemies are not as sincere as you thought in the first place. You probably weren't either.
sadi16
Rep:
?
(Original post by ckingalt)
I'm assuming that you are quite young. I don't mean this to be patronizing. When you have reached a level of maturity in which your best friends are dictated by more than just the proximity or convenience, you will find that what you describe is much less common. If you have experienced such turnabout, it is because your friends and enemies are not as sincere as you thought in the first place. You probably weren't either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am quite young compared to most people on tsr, and yes I do believe that people mature to the extent that these occurences are less common however I have seen plenty between adults too. The world is a decieving place and im simply proposing a question to see if we can really determine our true friends and ememies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not a superhero so I find the concept of anyone having 'enemies' quite absurd. There's people you get on with, most of which become good friends hopefully and those you avoid because you share little in common with them. I'm not going around the streets of London wearing a cape fighting my enemies, though.
Kiss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sadi16)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am quite young compared to most people on tsr, and yes I do believe that people mature to the extent that these occurences are less common however I have seen plenty between adults too. The world is a decieving place and im simply proposing a question to see if we can really determine our true friends and ememies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're 15, OP. Once you get to about 17/18/19 that's when you're more likely to make life-long friends, especially if you're going into uni. But even then you can be lucky enough to have made some good friends from highschool and keep in contact with them, like I and many others have. It's a bit early to worry about something so trivial.
sadi16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kiss)
You're 15, OP. Once you get to about 17/18/19 that's when you're more likely to make life-long friends, especially if you're going into uni. But even then you can be lucky enough to have made some good friends from highschool and keep in contact with them, like I and many others have. It's a bit early to worry about something so trivial.
yeah i guess, people will start maturing, well hopefully they do anyway, i was just wondering if its just me, or anyone else who has had occurrences like that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.75%
The paper was reasonable (440)
45.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.03%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.14%

Watched Threads