Report Thread starter 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
KeepYourChinUp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TomR10)
Sometimes I sit there and wonder... How has this earth, which has existed for billions of years, became so suited for human life.
I know that it's also perfect for animals, but as humans, why is life so perfectly laid out for us. How have we been able to invent things which have such an affect on our bodies.
Why do we ENJOY the things that we do, like music. No other animal can feel the same way after listening to a song than a human can.
There are so many things in the world that are suited for humans and I just can't fathom why.

Even natural things e g: reproduction, why is it pleasurable to reproduce for humans and not any other species. Being a human is like winning the lottery on earth as everything is suited for our well being and our needs. I don't understand people who moan.

Plants - like cannabis - can get you high, why is this the case for just humans, why isn't it the case for any other animals in existence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You think hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions make humans suited to earth? However, don't forget that besides the many animals in the world that can kill us without any effort, there are indeed many things which humans are suited for. This is simply natural selection, don't you think it would be strange to live in a place that isn't suited for us? Such as Antarctica?

The reason why having sex feels good is because it's vital to our continued existence and if it felt horrible or painful it would put our existence at risk. Apes have sex not just to reproduce, but because it feels good.

As for drugs, if you give any animal drugs, they will feel the effects also. Elephants purposely eat opiates to get high, certain plants contain drugs in the flower to get the bees addicted so they keep coming back to those types of flowers. Reindeer and certain antelope eat mushrooms which they know will get them high.
GreenArrow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because there's a GOD....

Posted from TSR Mobile
KeepYourChinUp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GreenArrow)
Because there's a GOD....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really? Wow I did not know that, thanks for educating me.
GreenArrow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KeepYourChinUp)
Oh really? Wow I did not know that, thanks for educating me.
Your welcome
AWJChadders
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TomR10)

Plants - like cannabis - can get you high, why is this the case for just humans, why isn't it the case for any other animals in existence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1384896303.648017.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  43.5 KB
Even spiders can get high. Not sure that humans ability to get high on things that can kill us or make us go mad is really an advantage. Why not make fruit and veg have euphoric effects instead? We'd be a lot healthier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed