living, accomodation in glasgow Watch

tennisplayer89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hello y'all,

My name is Oliver, im 24 years old from Germany. I got accepted today for my master's program at the University of Glasgow for Fall 2014. I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about how the life in Glasgow is...nightlife, living etc.
Is it better to live in a University hall ( if yes, which one) or in an apartment/house( where).
Furthermore, are people friendly towards foreigners?

I appreciate your help...

Thank you
nicolew100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just visited Glasgow and I'm an American who will be attending next autumn for PG studies.

Everyone I met in Glasgow was very friendly (except 2 older women working at a Boots) to everyone regardless of their home country origin.

Really, I don't think you could ask for a better, friendlier place than Glasgow.
Bonnieen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Glasgow is awesome!!!
great nightlife and everyones very friendly.
I'm in student halls and I think it's great for getting to know new people along with giving you free gym membership!
I'm in Carincross so it's all corridors of rooms so you will make friends easily!
there is a German girl in our halls and she is brilliant! lots of different ethnic groups, just good fun
tennisplayer89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thank you both for your answer. Which student hall would you recommend?
username1332831
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bonnieen)
Glasgow is awesome!!!
great nightlife and everyones very friendly.
I'm in student halls and I think it's great for getting to know new people along with giving you free gym membership!
I'm in Carincross so it's all corridors of rooms so you will make friends easily!
there is a German girl in our halls and she is brilliant! lots of different ethnic groups, just good fun
Are there more international students in Carincross more than in any other student hall? And where are they from mostly? How far is it from main gate to Carincross?
Thx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Jun '19
  • University of Glasgow
    Wed, 4 Sep '19
  • University of Glasgow
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has 2019 been so far?