Turn on thread page Beta

Looking For A Personal Mentor watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I've been thinking recently about how I lack enough motivation and clarity to live my life properly and to the full. I want to find a personal mentor who knows they can guide someone in many areas of life.

If you are that person please message me.

ReputationRep:
    Wow this is exactly what I've been looking into but asking on here is a good call. I second this.

Slightly down and out needing support on how to break into the adult world and becoming less cynical.

Obv daisyfresh is the OP so first come first served but if there are a few replies then

ReputationRep:
    I would like one myself too as I'm always dissatisfied with myself. Third in line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I don't think TSR is a good place to look for a life mentor :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I'll answer any questions you guys have via PM, but I need a starting point. What's the problem exactly?

ReputationRep:
    I work as a Mentor. I run a Motivational brand that does videos and talk in schools and stuff like that.

Your first point of call is to find one you relate to. I know tonnes of speakers who are acclaimed at what they do yeeeettttt just seem boring to me. I hate guys who give what I call "Mum advice", the ****ty two-tone advice a Mum would give in a soppy film. "You can do it", "Believe in yourself" etc.

If you want a personal mentor, especially without paying for one, you need to offer them your hunger. By that, you have to show a lot of passion and be able to give back in return. If they have a facebook page, help promote it. If they have new stuff out, repost it on facebook. If they need help researching something, take 20 minutes off your own back and help 'em out if it means they'll give you amazing advice for your life.

There are a metric butt-tonne of resources in terms of self-development out there, so google "best books for ____" (chosen subject) plus Youtube is maybe the best coach of all, but for approaching people themselves, that's just a little something to keep in mind. Hope some of this has been helpful!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.