The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Paramedic degree Oxford Brooke's 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lightune
Hi! I've applied for Oxford, Edge Hill (Manchester), Northampton, Liverpool John Moore and Bournemouth. I have an interview for Oxford on the 18th, Edge Hill on the 10th of March I believe and Northampton on the 27th of March. Haven't heard back from Bournemouth unfortunately. Liverpool was quite amusing because they rejected my application on the grounds of "the applicant does not state whether they hold a full driving licence", even though the third line in my personal statement reads "I hold a full UK drivers licence, with provisional C1 entitlement". Obviously some of their staff need to go back to school! Has anyone heard back from Bournemouth yet? Was really hoping for an interview!

Hi, I think some unis are taking there time as I haven't heard back from three of mine, which is worrying but they may still give you an interview
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 21
Original post by Charlotte995
Hi, I think some unis are taking there time as I haven't heard back from three of mine, which is worrying but they may still give you an interview

Hi Charlotte!

I think you're right, I may still be in with a chance, but from what I've heard from other friends applying for these courses around the country, some uni's are interviewing up until May! So the one's you've picked may be taking their time. It makes no difference whether you're interviewed first or last really. If they're interviewing you, they have places available! Keep positive and I'm sure they'll give you a chance :biggrin:
Original post by lightune
Hi Charlotte!

I think you're right, I may still be in with a chance, but from what I've heard from other friends applying for these courses around the country, some uni's are interviewing up until May! So the one's you've picked may be taking their time. It makes no difference whether you're interviewed first or last really. If they're interviewing you, they have places available! Keep positive and I'm sure they'll give you a chance :biggrin:

Yeah, I hope so :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by kittycat95
has anyone been invited for an interview yet???. got mine on the 18th february. pretty scary but it my top choice.
good luck to everyone else. x

Hi, I have an interview on the 18th too! Are you in the morning or afternoon?
Reply 24
Original post by twitty1975
I've got an interview on 18th too!

I have an interview on the 18th too! Is yours in the morning or the afternoon?
Reply 25
I'm on the afternoon one! Got to travel 300 miles in a morning. Sounds fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I know it's late but good luck to those who have had the interview today! I am starting to get nervous for mine tomorrow now! :-)
Reply 27
I'm their tomorrow in the afternoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Hi, has anybody heard back from Oxford yet? I have my interview tomorrow. I also had an interview at UWE three weeks ago and have not heard back about my application yet.
Reply 29
Yes ive heard back from all of them now. I got into oxford but didnt get into any of the others. Good luck tomorrow. Its very relaxed and they are all very nice. :-)
Reply 30
Thank you :-) the interview went well I think. How long did you wait to hear back? They said up to three weeks. I loved it there, all the staff were really nice.
Reply 31
Original post by GinaArnett
Thank you :-) the interview went well I thinuk. How long did you wait to hear back? They said up to three weeks. I loved it there, all the staff were really nice.

It did take about 3 weeks to hear back from them. Fingers crossed for you. It is really nice there :-)
Reply 32
Hi there everyone, i'm the student rep for the intake start in 2013. Just to let you know Brookes is very chilled out and relaxed and I have been really happy here. If any of you have got offers at Brookes why not start up a facebook page so you can all start communicating now at this early stage. It worked for us. You can find our page if you look up Oxford Brookes Paramedic Students 2013-2015. Good luck to you all and hope to see you next year. Jeremy
Reply 33
Hey,

I had my offer come through today :-)

So excited. :-)
Reply 34
The facebook page is a great idea. Thank you. I have set one up 'Oxford Brookes Paramedic Emergency Care 2014-2016'.
Congratulations on the offer! :-)
I am at Brookes just finishing this year! Any questions let me know :smile:
Original post by Elastoplast
I am at Brookes just finishing this year! Any questions let me know :smile:

What course did you do before to get in? I'm doing an access course, have been given a conditional offer.
Original post by GinaArnett
What course did you do before to get in? I'm doing an access course, have been given a conditional offer.

Hi,

I did my A Levels, double A Level in Health & Social Care and an A Level in ICT. I then had a year out where I worked in the Emergency Department for six months and then in the Clinical Management Team as an Outreach Assistant Practitioner. There are loads of people on the course with access qualifications :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending